Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about ordering one off ebay for $120. A pop charger is basically a short ram right? Will it make my Z sound any better? Should I go with this, or spend the extra $200 and get a CAI and bypass valve?

*sorry i just noticed the intake sub-forum above..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've had the JWT on both of my 350's. If you look around you can usually get it for $100

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
i would def get an CAI, its better than a short ram. the car will breath better and will sound better. as far as performance u are not gonna notice any gains, almost nothing. but it will give u the psssssttt sound u are looking for.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
i have a Injen CAI, but you really cannot hear it much due to the fact it is placed infront of the radiator. the AEM goes close to the fron left wheel, u can actually hear the hiss sound a lot better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would def get an CAI, its better than a short ram. the car will breath better and will sound better. as far as performance u are not gonna notice any gains, almost nothing. but it will give u the psssssttt sound u are looking for.

Sorry, are you saying a CAI will not give any noticeable performance gains?? or the Pop Charger? and will the Pop charger make it sound any better?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The pop charger sounds great.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
both....
the only way u can feel a difference is when u have the following, its a combination of all

Headers
high flow cats
CAI
plenum
exhuast

then your combination is working fine and u can definately notice gains.
u can feel gains with some, for instance, if u have the plenum with CAI and high flow....u will still get gains.

but they dont work seperate, they work together.
so if u put the CAI or the POP ALONE.....u will net get any gains

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: "The pop charger sounds great."

Awesome, I will probably just go with the POP, I just want to sound better, and give me a little edge over a stock 350..

Yeah if CAI wont give me a noticable gain either, then ill definately save some money and go with the POP..

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
the CAI will work better on the long run when u add more mods to ur car.
POPcharger" Short ram" will suck in a lot of engine heat into your car. while the CAI will suck in the air from outside which is cooler and will allow ur engine to breath better. CAI still sounds great.
plus Popcharger gives the look of a sissy IMO, the CAI looks just mean and professional.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I don't know. Measure it. :)

I bet the differnce isn't much.. If anything.

I consistantly get 7-9*F above ambient. See if yours is similar. You will need a device to read the Air Intake Sensor on the MAF. I use the Blitz R-VIT. It's pimp. And I know you are a pimp, so pick one up. :) I got mine through Gruppe-S in Cali.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
well i would still get a CAI :)

LOL

but anyway the gains are nothing from it so what the heck....
i ordered my INVIDIA G200 Titanium exhaust, yeah it will be awesome

LOL

Dude, you're going to love the Ti. They don't all sound the same, but IMHO they sound sweeter than non-Ti on the Z.

Everyone that hears the ARC Ti. says it sounds exotic. I've heard the PowerHouse AMuse and it sounds good, but different.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Get the pop charger. Easy to install, great sound, and it does give you an edge over stock. My setup looks great.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thinking about ordering one off ebay for $120. A pop charger is basically a short ram right? Will it make my Z sound any better? Should I go with this, or spend the extra $200 and get a CAI and bypass valve?
*sorry i just noticed the intake sub-forum above..
You won't be disappointed with the JWT Pop Charger. Easy install, an hour or less. The sound is more than a hisss or whistle, it's a Roar after 4,000 rpm. Way better than stock. I got mine for about $105 shipped.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts