Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A FULL POLY KIT FOR THE 350Z? I DON'T THINK PROTHANE MAKES ONE YET.... ANY HELP?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
This is the closest I've seen, and even then hard rubber isn't polyurethane (but it will hopefully be a bit more compliant).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anybody have any info on this?

I'm looking for bushings for the front lower camber arm \ transverse link and the front trailing arm \ compression rod.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
they are not out yet...

so far i have been able to purchase prothane swaybar bushings.....but that's it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about specs on the bushings? If someone has the dimensions for these parts, maybe I could get some made or find some comparable ones. I don't want to pull mine until I have replacements since this is my daily driver.

sufrcity,
Why do you think this would be such a small market? They make these bushings for the 240 and the 300, at least. Certainly, there aren't that many more of these cars, than there are 350s.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I ordered the Nismo front lower transverse link bushings a few weeks ago from mynismo.com. They said they're on order from Japan.. we'll see when they come in.

The reason I ordered them to begin with is because my right one failed (the control arm slipped off the bushing), probably due to forces exterted by my aftermarket sway bar and g-forces at the track (although I'm not certain this is the cause). I replaced the control arm ($180, fun), and then my LEFT one failed, exactly the same as the right one had. I haven't talked to anyone else who has had this problem yet, but I'm asking around. These failures weren't as bad as they may sound - it didn't cause any accidents; the arm was just a centimeter or so further forward than it should have been.

I didn't need the uppers because I have SPL parts' upper camber arms.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered the Nismo front lower transverse link bushings a few weeks ago from mynismo.com. They said they're on order from Japan.. we'll see when they come in.

The reason I ordered them to begin with is because my right one failed (the control arm slipped off the bushing), probably due to forces exterted by my aftermarket sway bar and g-forces at the track (although I'm not certain this is the cause). I replaced the control arm ($180, fun), and then my LEFT one failed, exactly the same as the right one had. I haven't talked to anyone else who has had this problem yet, but I'm asking around. These failures weren't as bad as they may sound - it didn't cause any accidents; the arm was just a centimeter or so further forward than it should have been.

I didn't need the uppers because I have SPL parts' upper camber arms.
hmmmmm. That's very interesting to hear. I'm taking my 2003 touring to the track for the first time in a couple of weeks. I hope I don't suffer the same fate.

Can you elaborate on the effects of the bushings failing? Was there any sign of failure like vibrations or steering anomalies? Were you able to drive the car after the failure and before replacing the arm?

Any word on the nismo bushings, yet? Did you order just the front lower transverse link bushings or did you get the whole set (front and reaar)?

Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Can you elaborate on the effects of the bushings failing? Was there any sign of failure like vibrations or steering anomalies? Were you able to drive the car after the failure and before replacing the arm?

Any word on the nismo bushings, yet? Did you order just the front lower transverse link bushings or did you get the whole set (front and reaar)?

I didn't notice it while driving, except possibly an occasional noise (which could have been the swaybar or something else). It wasn't bad to drive the car -- I mean, it appears to be safe to drive it, but the suspension geometry will just be off a bit, and it may throw your alignment off a tiny bit.

I haven't received the bushings yet. I only ordered the lower transverse link bushings, since that was all I really needed. I didn't feel like messing with the rear for now, and the whole set was around $335.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts