Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's opinion on the best intake/exhaust combo? Take into consideration cost vs. performance vs. sound vs. ease of installation.

For me, since it's my daily driver and I don't race it, I'd sacrifice a little power to have a better sound, so in order I'd rate from most important to least important...

1. Sound
2. Performance
3. Ease of installation
4. Price

Of course this is all a little like masturbation since I don't have garage to work on my Z in, but maybe some day I can do this stuff and more.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well im gonna have to be biased and go with what i have! Sound wise, it is a low deep rumble to it, not ricey at all. Doesn't sound annoying when im driving it around at all, and i always get telling me it sounds really nice.Performance it seem a lot more reponsive than when it was stock. My install for the exhaust was done by the shop as far as the test pipes me and josh did it our selves. price wasnt that bad but the resontated test pipes were a bit more money than the ones w/o resonators. i recommend the resonators b/c josh had the ones w/o and it had a raspiness that i didnt care for. It would of got annoying to me!

Intake i went with the JWT popcharger b/c i couldnt justify spending $200 or so on a intake when the JWT was only $100. Also the gains from an intake are so minimal, so like i said before a $100 extra wasnt justifiable. Also that fact that you get to keep your stock intake tube which is made of plastic i think is better. Plastic is not a good conductor as metal which is on the injen, AEM, etc. Install for this was very easy and we have a how to on it with pics for ya! hope this helps you out

look in the sig

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanna keep my cats, or at least at a later time get high flow cats. Emmissions are pretty rough aroung here. Not as bad CA, but still pretty bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts