Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
BTW....for the most part I'm talking about so-called "Nanny Laws," which are what keep most of the country's lawyers employed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm a firm believer in Natural Selection. The human race as a whole would be much better off if the government stopped making it so hard for the dumbasses to take themselves out of the gene pool.

You know who I'm talking about....
The kid, rumored or real, that died because after taking LSD he thought it would be a good idea to try and fly out a window?
Yeah, I know exactly the type you mean. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Updated chart. Good thing I moved Sisco99 over .. Buzzardmountain needed company there all by his lonesome

·
Registered
252 Posts
You would think with a name like Vader you would be more Authoritarian.
Yeah me too. I didn't realize I was such a soft ass. Guess I'm getting more and more laid back on some things.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
That Milton Friedman sounds like a smart guy. I don't mind being over in his quadrant one bit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No problem, Smooth. lol

I'm a firm believer in Natural Selection. The human race as a whole would be much better off if the government stopped making it so hard for the dumbasses to take themselves out of the gene pool.

You know who I'm talking about....you know that kid that watches wrestling and then thinks it's ok for his buddy to bash him in the head with a chair. Or that guy that watches JackAss and thinks anything on that show is worth emulating. Would you really want that kid marrying into your family?

At some point we as a society have to say, alright...you're an idiot and the rest of us shouldn't be forced to protect you from yourself. Have some personal accountability. If you're stupid enough to stand up on the very top of a ladder and tip it over, why should that be the ladder company's fault? Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that's a bad idea.
+1. It would also alleviate a lot of stupid safety warnings on products, such as the one on an iron I recently purchased. It read; "Warning do not iron clothes on body, as this may result in burns to the skin." What seems even more unbelievable to me is that some idiot probably did this and sued them!

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Seems like a good time to post this link .. http://www.darwinawards.com/

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2007-05.html

"
What goes up must come down."
(20 June 2007, South Carolina) An hour before sunrise, a 21 year-old couple was found naked in the road by a passing cabbie. The unconscious, injured pair was taken to the nearest hospital where, despite treatment, they died without regaining consciousness. Authorities were at a loss to explain what had happened. There were no witnesses, no trace of clothing, and no wrecked cars or motorcycles.

Investigators eventually found a clue high on the roof of a nearby building: two sets of neatly folded clothes, and nothing else. There was no indication of foul play, only of foreplay. "It appears as if the two individuals have accidentally fallen off the roof," Sgt. Florence McCants said.

Safe sex takes on a whole new meaning when you are perched on the edge of a pyramid-shaped metal roof! This is a true Darwin Award trifecta: TWO people die, WHILE in the act of procreation, due to an ASTONISHINGLY poor decision. Bottom line: If you put yourself in a precarious "position" at the edge of the roof, you may well find yourself coming and going at the same time.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts