Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a repost .. but .. what the heck. It's fun.

Political Compass

On the standard left-right scale, how do you distinguish leftists like Stalin and Gandhi? It's not sufficient to say that Stalin was simply more left than Gandhi. There are fundamental political differences between them that the old categories on their own can't explain. Similarly, we generally describe social reactionaries as 'right-wingers', yet that leaves left-wing reactionaries like Robert Mugabe and Pol Pot off the hook.
Note: When finished you are given a graphic showing your position on the 'political compass'. It also shows the positioning of Stalin, Hitler, Thatcher, Gandhi and Freidman. What fun ... and all this time I thought of myself as a Right Wing Liberal ...

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
This is probably a repost .. but .. what the heck. It's fun.

Political Compass
Note: When finished you are given a graphic showing your position on the 'political compass'. It also shows the positioning of Stalin, Hitler, Thatcher, Gandhi and Freidman. I grabbed both graphics and did a merge with my graphics program. What fun ... and all this time I thought of myself as a Right Wing Liberal ...
I am closer to Ghandi!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Interesting...

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

I'm barely in the bottom left section. Not too far from center, which is where I figured I'd be.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I am a noob in making those graphs. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I think that settles things. I am so close to Ghandi, that there is no point in arguing with me anymore. LOL
Near ****! You're about the same position as him as far as being on the left .. but .. MORE libertarian!

I was/am playing with the numbers I had (mine and smoothZ's) in Excel trying to generate a graph (like the one they do). Thought it would be a cool thing for the site .. if you could do it .. just enter the numbers and update the graph.

Anyhoo .. no luck yet .. but did do this .. dosen't really show anything but looks cool. (donno. If you had more data .. ummm .. still ... would like to generate the chart like they did on the website. Anyone know how in Excel?)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Near ****! You're about the same position as him as far as being on the left .. but .. MORE libertarian!

I was/am playing with the numbers I had (mine and smoothZ's) in Excel trying to generate a graph (like the one they do). Thought it would be a cool thing for the site .. if you could do it .. just enter the numbers and update the graph.

Anyhoo .. no luck yet .. but did do this .. dosen't really show anything but looks cool. (donno. If you had more data .. ummm .. still ... would like to generate the chart like they did on the website. Anyone know how in Excel?)
Ed, he's one more click to the left than I am to the right. ;-)

:poke: @ Josh

lol :rolf2:

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Well I think that settles things. I am so close to Ghandi, that there is no point in arguing with me anymore. LOL
I'm even closer to Ghandi than you are...

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Interesting...

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

I'm barely in the bottom left section. Not too far from center, which is where I figured I'd be.
Apparently, I've changed in the past year.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

to compare with the common leaders of our time:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts