Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure our accents are brushed aluminum . . . correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking to buy a shift knob that is polished aluminum does anyone own that type of shift knob? Does it look out of place, or does it match well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those 2 from Zeetoys are the first I considered, thanks Jinx, but I want to go somewhat outside the norm. Besides the one I want is half the price of the Zeetoys shifter.

Yes I know . . . . . :postpics:

But if I posted a pic all of your opinions would talk me out of buying so I am going to wait till I buy and install. If it looks like ****, I'm only out $40. It's not a skull with light up red eyes, but it is a bit out there.

I'm going to wait till I buy the shift boot as well so I don't have to pull panels twice.
Any opinions on the e-brake boot for the Z. That e-brake area just looks too plain. The only place I've found nice boots is http://www.redlinegoods.com/350Zshiftboot.shtm. I want them to match my black leather with the orange stitching. Any other good sites for boots?

I'm trying to make small/inexpensive mods to start, this one will cost me about $100 for everything. I am really researching my performance mods so I have no doubts when I buy.

I promise I will post some pics of it finished, shitty or not.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Only possible problem with polished vs brushed is glare....I'm saving up for a brushed al. column for the Nova I'm building, cause I'm afraid the polished ($200 cheaper...) column will be 'too shiny' driving into the sunset...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have a MOMO F16 Evo. It has a great feel, brushed with a bit of leather, it does make the stick taller but I love the look.

I have a pic on my wiki page!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But if I posted a pic all of your opinions would talk me out of buying so I am going to wait till I buy and install. If it looks like ****, I'm only out $40. It's not a skull with light up red eyes, but it is a bit out there.

I promise I will post some pics of it finished, shitty or not.
I couldn't wait till my redline boot gets here (did you guys know they ship from Poland?), so I installed it early.

[attachmentid=11694]

It looks quite uncomfortable but once you get used to it, it's not bad at all. I didn't like it much at first but it is growing on me. I had to fold the boot in more, zip-tie it, and place it lower so it didn't look very stretched when shifting.

OK, let me have it . . . . :hide2:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts