Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,
David C was right when he said Victoria was a police state. Just got another friggin camera fine for doin' 86 kph in an 80 zone. Oh the tragedies I could have caused goin' 6 kph over the limit on an empty 6 lane highway!!!!!! I deserve to pay the $128 as punishment AND a deterent to me speeding 18 DAYS AGO!!! I have been feeling soooo guilty over the last 2 and a half weeks about speeding that I was gonna suspend my own license. Now I can rest easy knowing that I have to pay $128 to deter me from further being a safety mence on the road - (NOT as revenue raising). Thanks Bracksie for punishing me and making me see my evil ways.

I know I should have learned my lesson when I was fined last time for blasting down a country highway at 75 kph - a death defying 5 KPH OVER THE LIMIT!!!!

I am a bad person....... :cry:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know how you feel. I got busted and fined around $135 in Melbourne a couple of months back for doing 65 in a 60 zone. A 5km margin is so small. A momentry lapse in concentration and you're gone. Melbourne must be the worst police state in the country.

I complain about WA, but at least here we get a 9km break before getting booked. Between 10 -19km's over the limit attracts 1 point and $50. In Melbourne 5k's cost me $135. It definately sounds like good business to me.

Another little plus about WA, but don't advertise it, is that radar detector's are still legal. I generally drive responsibly, but do stray from time to time only to be brought back into line, luckily, by my radar detector.

·
Registered
297 Posts
WA's not so lenient. I got booked doing 86 at 6:30am on a Sunday morning on the Mitchell Freeway. Only $50 bucks and no points - but still a ridiculous fine

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got booked where I parked my car at Elizabeth St in CBD Melbourne. The thing shxts me is that was happen on Sunday afternoon, they booked me on "Parking on the Motor bike only area" where there are/were no line, nothing on the ground showing is Motor bike only and there is/was only a little sticker with "Motorcycle Only" under the normal "2P" sign. And there was no motorcycle at all parking there accept car. Anyway, when I return to my car, I saw all car park on that section of the street got booked.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
hate to have to endure that kind of crap. That's rediculous!

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh but perthy 6kph over the limit increases stopping distance by about 300m, if you believe our extremely knowledgeable advocates of road safety campaigns hehe...

last thing i was done for was an "illegal" u-turn at traffic lights.. i had a bolt in my tyre and there was a BP 50m back up the road, so i *shock-horror* made a u-turn at the lights without seeing the fuzz car about 20 cars back.
well they mounted that median strip lights ablaze sirens wailing as though i'd just assassinated the local donut shop owner and they pulled me up literally 20m from the service station.

After pointing out the bolt in my tyre and rapidly deflating tyre - and even pleading with them to let me continue the 20m to the service station so i did not damage my wheel, they were nice enough to ignore me and then to take their time (17minutes total, i was watching the clock) checking my license and inspecting the entire car (brand new spotless 4wd) for any chance to issue a defect notice, which they failed at ... amazingly, they finished their little act the exact same time my tyre was 100% flat...

usually i dont mind coppers too much, they are just doing their job really... but when a couple of fucksticks like this go out of their way to make life difficult i understand why they have so many enemies...

I was 100% polite and courteous in everyway as i know if you fail the 'attitude test' you are basically up for any charge they can make stick..

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had an incident where a "car" dived nose first into a parking spot that I had positioned myself to back into in the proper manner. He couldn't complete the manoeuvre without reverse parking so he just stopped with the rear part of his car sticking out into the traffic lane.

So "unfortunately" I didn't see him and put the rangie into reverse and whipped the 3-ton Hayman-Reese hitch through his front bumper and pushed the front tyre off the rim (big bang!) and got out to remonstrate.

Nearly shited when a big burley pig climbed out of the car! PHARK! (PH as in pheasant)

Didn't you see my lights - I was in "hot persuit"! BS - hot persuit into a parking space? Didn't have lights on anyway.!!!

Had our words, (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and told him to get on with it or I was F'n off right now. Did F-off.

Couple of weeks later a bill from "their" insurance for repairs - duly tossed in the bin.

6 months later, while towing the horses, RTA pulled me over into a truck check.

Just about to leave, and the RTA bloke noticed my expired sticker.

Called the cop over - there's always one present, wodder yer know - same pig as the backing incident!

Booked for uninsured, unregistered vehicle - $600 EACH charge!

"Can't leave here" - What about the horses? - "I'll release them and get a taxi home!"

Yer can't f'n do that - they'll run amok!

Anyway, came to an arrangement - I'll be look'n away and you'll piss off!

Which I did.

NOW - why didn't I get the rego renewal notice?

Some investigative enquiry thru a "friend" at the registry revealed that the last entry for owner of the vehicle, and obviously to whom the renewal was sent, was the person from whom I had bought the vehicle.!

I was shown as second last!

Only way that could happen, was thru "interference"!

Went to court, all dismissed.

Could tell many incidences, some involving "back-up" radio calls and threats to shoot because I have the audacity to ride a bike sometimes and won't kiss arses.

(No doubt Harry could add some about being a second-class citizen when on two wheels also!)

FUGGEN A-Holes all of them.!!!!

"absolute power corrupts absolutely"!

FRIZZLE

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
hey
It sucks getting a ticket!
I have s story for you.
A week before I picked up my new Zed I got a ticket here in NSW.
What made it worse was It was double demerit points weekend.
Lost 6 points in one wack!!!
Anyway I wrote a letter and blah blah blah.........Just received a response and I am getting off with a warning....
The trick is to pay the fine upfront and send a letter ASAP.
If you have a good driving record( I haven't got a ticket for ten years, though things may change now I have a Zed)
then they are pretty lenient in NSW anyway.
Best thing is they are sending me a cheque back for the fine too......
mickyboy

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don,t know about someone interfering??
Just stated the facts, using big words and paid the fine within a week and bingo, 4 weeks later the reply was back and I was happy....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, Murray - just shows how they can "get" you.

Security log-ons and so on, and "friends" willing to whistle on the corrupt ones, we had all we needed, but kept most to ourselves so as to protect the "friend".

FRIZZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
lol...Frosty! How the **** you get out of that one.

Always very entertaining ...i always get the feeling that you post those long winded posts kinda drunk though ...tehehehehe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
BTW - used to like the list of members on line at the top of the page - not as like now.

Just a preference.

FARCICLE

Geez - where's H ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have to say it again Frosty,
You're one of the funniest bastards I never met.... :rotflmao:

ps. I liked the logged-on names at the top too!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I posted a request in the suggestion forum regarding the names, post your support if you want the same thing.

Here:
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3817

If you ever think of a improvment then just post it in that forum area, ive had all my suggestions implemented so far.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts