Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over yesterday doing 50 in a 30... im not worried about it.. i get out of almost every ticket... but I was just curious if anyone knows how many points this would be in NY??

I got pulled over last fall doing 87 in a 55 and got it reduced to a 60 in a 55(im nice)... so im trying to figure out how many points i got on me... or if there is a website that tells u it would be great!!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by NYC-350z@Sep 8 2005, 01:32 PM
I got pulled over yesterday doing 50 in a 30... im not worried about it.. i get out of almost every ticket... but I was just curious if anyone knows how many points this would be in NY??

I got pulled over last fall doing 87 in a 55 and got it reduced to a 60 in a 55(im nice)... so im trying to figure out how many points i got on me...  or if there is a website that tells u it would be great!!
[snapback]153688[/snapback]​

whoops. reading your kill stories I wondered when this would happen. That's wreckless driving if they keep it at 20 over I believe.......good luck. Don't know about points but fees/insurance will be hella high if you get convicted of wreckless :OMG:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by NYC-350z@Sep 8 2005, 01:32 PM
or if there is a website that tells u it would be great!!

I'm guessing the New York DMV's Web site would tell you that

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
dirn is right as usual

link

The DMV computer system automatically calculates your point total. Your point total is the total number of driver violation points that you received during the 18 previous months. The points are counted from the dates of your traffic violations, not from the dates of your traffic convictions. A traffic conviction is required for the points to appear on your driver record. 18 months after the date of the violation, the points for that violation are removed from your point total. The convictions remain on your record. Learn more about convictions and your driver record.

If you receive 11 points or more in 18 months, the DMV suspends your driver license. You can request a DMV hearing only to show that a different person committed the violations. You cannot request a DMV hearing to prove that you were not guilty of the violations. You cannot request a DMV hearing to request a waiver of the suspension.

click on pic for bigger image

Attachments

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Sep 8 2005, 11:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-NYC-350z
@Sep 8 2005, 01:32 PM

I got pulled over last fall doing 87 in a 55 and got it reduced to a 60 in a 55(im nice)... so im trying to figure out how many points i got on me... or if there is a website that tells u it would be great!!
[snapback]153688[/snapback]​

whoops. reading your kill stories I wondered when this would happen. That's wreckless driving if they keep it at 20 over I believe.......good luck. Don't know about points but fees/insurance will be hella high if you get convicted of wreckless :OMG:
[snapback]153689[/snapback]​

+1, lol

Sucks dood, where were ya when ya got pulled? Not near Queens I hope.. :doh:

·
Registered
68 Posts
dirn is right as usual

link
click on pic for bigger image

If you get a ticket do you think you could keep post poning the court date for 1+ years, then plead?? If the clock is ticking since the violation date it seems this could be a strategy to avoid excessive points and/or loss of license??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts