Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you loose tq if you install the plenum spacer for a Z? i was thinking that becuase i always see hp gains, but i dont see tq gains, i hope i wont loose any, also because the 35th ann. losses tq, but gains hp, thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
interesting, thanks for the info, helps out, its a gift from my friend, (he's rich) so thats why its a gift i think its $280, he just wants my car 2 be faster,lol thanks alot felllow members

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
interesting, thanks for the info, helps out, its a gift from my friend, (he's rich) so thats why its a gift i think its $280, he just wants my car 2 be faster,lol thanks alot felllow members

just be careful when you are installing it.. don't crank down to tightly!

·
Registered
798 Posts
A little help guys:
TQ= torque?
Now I have one of those spacer plenums but I was thinking of getting the other plenum I think its Kinetix (the one on back order for 3 months)
Whats the difference between the two? Does it add any hp? What about torque? What is the exact reasoning for having one? I spent like 200 or more (dont really know how much I spent) on the current plenum but I would like to know if it is even worth it getting the kinetix manifold. (i think thats what it is). That price that i was given was 900. Is it worth it? Thanks

btw: I am very bad with abbreviations so please when u respond write out all words. thanks guys : )

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the SSV. Unless you were going with a turbo or supercharger down the line... it's not going to make that much horsepower.

too much money imo for little gains. Keep what you have.

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
im gonna get the aam, but used so not going to have the outter bolts. anyone know exactly what kind I need? I want to buy these before the spacer gets here.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The Kinetix SSV can be had for much cheaper than $900. Ask Noah from Caliente Automotive (one of the site retailers) for a price quote.

As far as this plenum not making much horsepower or torque, we'll see. I have the plenum on order, and plan on installing it in about 2-3 months (if I can wait that long). I currently have High Flow Cats and true dual exhaust, so I will do a dyno before and after the plenum & ECU/ECM (probably UTEC) install.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
The Kinetix SSV can be had for much cheaper than $900. Ask Noah from Caliente Automotive (one of the site retailers) for a price quote.

As far as this plenum not making much horsepower or torque, we'll see. I have the plenum on order, and plan on installing it in about 2-3 months (if I can wait that long). I currently have High Flow Cats and true dual exhaust, so I will do a dyno before and after the plenum & ECU/ECM (probably UTEC) install.

I don't think you'll see 6-9whp since you have other mods already extracting and flowing better. But I do feel it's a good investment either way.

ie: you can't add up hp. if exhuast make 5 and plenum makes 5.. they may only make 8 together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts