Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a delema that I hope and know you all can help me with. My '04 Z is stock as stock can be. I want to add to the engine for some hp gain and, if possible, better fuel ecomomy. I have read and read about the spacer and the CAI. Which one is the better way to go?? Prices are similar and I have AAM, for the install, not far from my home.
:banghead:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
If you go with a plenum spacer, get a k&n drop in filter. That is probably the best setup for the money.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Plenum Spacer all the way. You might notice a small difference with the plenum spacer, but do not expect to feel a difference with the CAI (sounds cool though).

In most cases/scenarios, including yours, the more power you add, the worse your fuel economy is going to be. more air = more fuel = less MPG.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you go with a plenum spacer, get a k&n drop in filter. That is probably the best setup for the money.
Thatwas the first thing that I did after I picked up my Z.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plenum Spacer all the way. You might notice a small difference with the plenum spacer, but do not expect to feel a difference with the CAI (sounds cool though).

In most cases/scenarios, including yours, the more power you add, the worse your fuel economy is going to be. more air = more fuel = less MPG.
Thanks!! :cheers: The spacer is going to be the addition to my Z. :biggrin:

·
Registered
187 Posts

In my experience with the gas crunch I actually got the best milage. When you get mods you tend to let it rip and there goes your gas. Sometimes I find myself letting it the rpm's hover around 3000 just to hear the growl and ready for a burst. Also, the plenum gives a unique sound, not as tough as a cai, but better power gains.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
do what toykilla said and get some sort of plenum and also a drop in K&N so you can feel the difference.

I got a drop in k&n of ebay delivered to my door for 34.85 and thats cheap as ****.

besides if you are going FI later it would spare you from wasting money on a CAI.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts