Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you have seen a post like this before but I do know what offsets are but Im still a little confused. I want to stick pretty close to stock but I would rather have the back like one inch wider than the fronts. My manual says the stock rims are 18 x 8 with 30 offset on the front and back (the front and back rims are th same size). anyway, here are the rims I am going to order as soon as I figure out which offsets to buy. So my real question is do I want to run the 18 x 7.5 with 45 offset in the back and the 18 x 7.5 with 35 offset in the front (I know the width is the same but as you can see they only come in 7.5) or vice versa. Your info and help is MUCH appreciated because I am going to order these as soon as possible. Thanks.

enkei evo 5 bronze rims

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
if anything you would want to run vice versa.. lower number offset in the rear (as opposed to front)

35 and 40 offset is waaay wrong for a Z imho.

fwiw, i've got 22 all around
http://www.fairladyz33.com/gallery

and 7.5 inch isn't wide enough.. it'll look weird and limit you to what size tires you are able to run.

I don't see anything on that link that I would use on a Z. Not wide enough and the offsets are for the likes of fwd / awd. They will sit waaaay inside the fender.. it'll look lame.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to be running the stock tires on there so they would fit on the 7.5 rims but I see what your saying about how far in they would be. I really want these rims though.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I am going to be running the stock tires on there so they would fit on the 7.5 rims but I see what your saying about how far in they would be. I really want these rims though.

I hear you on liking the wheels and wanting to use OEM sizes (your car, your choice)...

but I'd hate to see you get something , put them on and then realize how lame in looks...

If I may suggest: Try something like a 235 for the front and a 245 or 255 for the back. and say either a 8 or 8.5" front and 9 or 9.5" back. I think you'll end up with something you like more than the current setup, and still be reasonably close to stock. But look much better. And perform better.

It's a Z man.. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah now that i think about it I have always loved the deeper lip in the back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so the 7.5 setup would look someting like this???

[attachmentid=11242]

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
well 7.5 is not a good size to go with if you want to optimize the handeling of the z you should atleast go with 8.5.............

by chance does anyone know what offset on some SF-Challenges/G-games will clear a BBK(F/R)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Whatever you do, please do not decrease the width of your wheel. I also have the 18x8 stock wheels, and eventually I will get 18x9/10 or 18x9.5/10.5 for wheel sizes.

Listen to your 'family.' :lol: Some of us on here know what we're talking about. You'll regret buying those and noticing how narrow and tucked in the wheels look on the Z.

In this instance, wider is better.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
well 7.5 is not a good size to go with if you want to optimize the handeling of the z you should atleast go with 8.5.............
by chance does anyone know what offset on some SF-Challenges/G-games will clear a BBK(F/R)

What size diameter and what bbk?

there is no rule here..

22 offset worked for me with the endless bbk and 19" volk Te37 @ 9.5 and 10.5"

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

yeah i see what everyone is saying now and I am glad i asked. I knew you would give me the best info. and I love you all like a fat kid loves cake. What do you think abou these.

[attachmentid=11253]
[attachmentid=11254]

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like those wheels!!! but i bet they are out of my po college kid price range. so i will probably order these enkei's next weekend and due to your advice, it will be 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back with the stock 225 front and 245 in the rear tires. thanks again ill!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I like those wheels!!! but i bet they are out of my po college kid price range. so i will probably order these enkei's next weekend and due to your advice, it will be 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back with the stock 225 front and 245 in the rear tires. thanks again ill!
That's going to look sweet on the car! Make sure you get good lugs and a locking set, too. I would hate to see those wheels stolen.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What size diameter and what bbk?

there is no rule here..
22 offset worked for me with the endless bbk and 19" volk Te37 @ 9.5 and 10.5"

19x8/8.5-F 19x9.5/10-R
STOPTECH 13" BBK alround

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
go to a reputable tire shop online: tirerack, discount tire, spyeng.com, and they have all the possible combinations set up for you.

I like my 19's very much, thank you. :irock:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts