Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've heard everyone but the invidia. Do you know what it souds like. Is it a pretty good product.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Your not going to pay $1200 for it are you. I think Noah at Caniente quoted me around $900

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I say go with Borla. It's not too far from the stock sound and isn't too terribly loud. I've heard nothing but possitive things about the Borla :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Borla really doesn't give any HP gains. It's just for sound. :dunno: I'm not saying it's a bad system, though. I've also heard many good things about it.

I've heard good things about the Evo2, also. Haven't heard as much about the Invidia, but what I have heard is positive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Borla really doesn't give any HP gains. It's just for sound. :dunno: I'm not saying it's a bad system, though. I've also heard many good things about it.

I've heard good things about the Evo2, also. Haven't heard as much about the Invidia, but what I have heard is positive.
[snapback]144746[/snapback]​
I agree. I have heard the Invidia and I would go with that one.

No hp gains for $800 is ridiculous IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
The Stillen exhaust has proven hp gains...is heavier than most, quieter than OEM, perfect fitment, willl last the life of the car (SS construction), and is pricey. If you want a more aggresive exhaust note from the Stillen...test pipes, either resonated or not, will provide it along with additional hp and a pleasant gasoline aroma at idle.

I know you didn't ask about this one...but it's the only one I know much about.

I think there is an issue with the Invidia...if I run across any info I'll add it.

edit: The first shipments of the Invidia exhaust had a 2" pipe diameter...good for N/A....not so good for F/I. Idle has been reported "lopy" without the addition of an "H" pipe. Those pre-blued rainbow titainium tips are kind of a trendy item...but that's just my opinion. Fitment is perfect and install is simple. Quiet until broken in...no rasp....aggressive at WOT.

My suggestion would be, if you're considering going F/I in the future, and the pipe diameter is unchanged, pick something else.

hth

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i see that the stillen exhaust costs as much as the greddy evo2....yet the greddy was offered to me at a way better price!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by KILLERZ@Aug 12 2005, 02:51 AM
If you go for the nismo it does not affect the warrenty on the engine does it, or is that even a consideration?
[snapback]144822[/snapback]​

It is my understanding that unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part caused the warranty issue, service cannot be denied to the owner. In the real world...some dealerships have service departments that are mod friendly and others will tell you to eat dirt. I would ask your local service/parts manager about the Nismo exhaust and see if he will guarantee warranty work in writing should you decide to purchase.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Well since you asked - I have the Borla & love it. I have heard the Injen & GReddy as well. IF I had a coupe I'd probably go with the GReddy. I love the look & sound of it, it's just a little too agressive for me with the top down.

Hope that this helps some. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Here are some #'s ayman.

Here are some #'s in order of ranking from Z Magazine:

PEAK HP:
1. Borla 8.2
2. Stillen 8.1
3. Injen 7.6
4. Nismo 6.3
5. 5Zigen -3.4