• Axis Supermesh 19x8.5/19x9.5

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Both are great choices...of the two I prefer the Supermesh. The Gravis design is close to the OEM RAYS wheel set. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Supermesh, baby! I really don't feel the other ones. How the heck did you come up with that anyway?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
depends if you want the deep dish look or the huge rim look. the supermesh has the deep dish...making the rim look smaller. the other ones have the spokes (or whatever you wanna call them) go to the outside (without a lip) making the rim look larger.

me, personally, i'd go for the supermesh ones. much nicer in my opinion.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

You mean the gravis? they'll catch eye for sure because of the size (20") and extended spokes. as kshep said they'r close to the stock wheels which is fine by me. now the winner of this poll will be in my garage in 2 weeks along side my VeilSide V1 front and rear lip and Esprit SS, I bought the Nismo spoiler too but I'm thinking of not putting it on.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
20's?! :OMG: Don't do it. Please. I beg you. You're Canadian, so go with Supermesh. It'll make your car look like it belongs in the IRL or CART race series. :shiftdrive:

I don't like the Nismo spoiler for some reason. The base of the wing seems out of place. But to each their own.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Go with the Supermesh. It's actually my second choice for a wheel and it was a hard decision to choose over them. They're even more beautiful wheels in real life than they are in pictures.

Wheel spacers will wear out wheel bearings sooner. Your wheels will look awesome without them, and if you lower your car any, the wheels will tuck into the wheel well very nicely.

I love the Nismo spoiler, and the V1 lip will look beautiful. Be sure to post some pics for us!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 5Zigens are available here in Toronto cheaper than the US, the Axis I have to have them shipped to baffalo within driving distance "2 hours" from www.wheelstudio.com, have to pay by money order so I'm afraid of scams. Both packages will cost me around 2300US all fees included.

StudyBuddy what was your first choice?

Guys don't forget to vote.. it's close.

Here are some more Gravis 1 pictures

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
[/quote]

That price is with tires, right?

My first choice is Axis Milano's... :drool:

Personally, I think you should go with the Supermesh because I like the "lip" look better than the flat look like the others have...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]

Yes tires included Toyo T1s.
Notice the rear 9.5 gravis rim is curved to the inside, makes it look like the Lambo rims.. very cool.

The supermesh has 3.5" lip :drool: ... I'm just going crazy here, does anybody know the integrity of www.wheelstudio.com should I trust them?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
www.wheelstudio.com is an official Axis dealer off of their website. I'm sure they have great quality service, or they wouldn't be a dealer. I would, however, call some numbers on this page: http://www.axiswheels.com/dealers.html to try to find a better possible deal.

That is, of course, if you go with the Supermesh...I think there are more dealers out there that sell the 5Zigens, but I may be wrong...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Please go with the supermesh. I'm not feeling the 5Zigen's at all.

·
Registered
806 Posts
[/quote]

I have LS, too, and I think it's easy. Chrome goes well with LS like Lowenhart BS5s, but they're too impracical (cast 20s, very heavy, overpriced). Volk GTCs in gunmetal, TE37s in black, and SF Challenge (gold, black, or gunmetal) all look good.

For the two choices you gave, I'll say the Supermesh because they resemeble the BBS LMs, which is one of my favorite sets of wheels.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.