Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since Lucy was starting to show some major swirls after the winter under cover I decided to give this a whack. I used an orange cutting pad at speed #4 on my PC7424. You really need to work this product from a whitish color to clear, and work in small areas. Doing one panel at a time will not do, the product is very hard to remove if you leave it too long. It's like mud if you don't let it break down...found out the hard way...good thing is if it gets like this you can spritz it w/ a QD and remove it w/ a mf towel while polishing. I also had trouble getting it off w/ my random orbital 10 inch buffer w/ terry bonnett, so I removed it all by hand...ugh :ahhh: the shoulders.

How did it work? :clap: Fantastic on the swirls--I can't see a one...almost like showroom new, but it didn't touch any scratches that you can feel w/ your fingernail. All the rub marks from the cover (b/c I was not given the option of felt on the seams, which will be done before next winter) are GONE. Vanished....I give it a 5 on a of one to ten (ten the highest) on a scale for ease of use, but I give it a 9 in results!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Good job jinxxy, an orbital buffer with some good cleaner wax / swirl remover is the way to go..

For referene I use Meguiars #6 Cleaner Wax. Throw it on pretty thick and let the buffer do the work. Dont let it dry, just do a small area and steadily move the buffer around and around until its all smeared in good. Wipe away with a good, soft, clean towel. If you can still see swirl marks repeat!

I want to invest in a nice Porter Cable buffer, but for now the 40$ craftsman works just fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts