Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just bought this 03' touring Z about a week or so ago. I installed my JWT pop charger intake tonight however prior to installing this intake I noticed when I barely press the throttle I hear a light high-pitched whistling, pinging type sound coming from the engine bay area but It will go away if I apply further load to the throttle. It almost sounds like there is a crack in the intake system and only a small amount of air is getting through the track. Is this normal with a stock intake system on a Z? I have a stillen exhaust system and everything else is stock.

Tonight I installed the JWT pop charger intake and the sound got noticeably louder doing the same partial throttle of the gas. Now, I've have heard many CAI's before and it doesn't sound like the typical sucking noise a intake system usually does, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has this issue or knows if this is normal and it is infact the intake system making this noise?

Exuse my ignorance if this is completely normal.

TIA,
Adam B.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The noise you describe could be the normal sound of the JWT pop charger sucking air in.Or it could be an air leak, if it were an air leak you would most likely experience a rough idle as well as some stalling.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Jul 30 2005, 08:21 AM
The noise you describe could be the normal sound of the JWT pop charger sucking air in.Or it could be an air leak, if it were an air leak you would most likely experience a rough idle as well as some stalling.
[snapback]139520[/snapback]​

Idle is fine. The JWT only enhanced the sound of this noise. I'm almost certain this is just the way these cars come from the factory. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts