Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won these in a fundraiser golf tournament for the Boy Scouts of America. They are brand new, still in factory packaging as you can see. I removed part of the wrapping to take a pic of one of the irons. Specs are as follows:

Ping I3+

3-PW

Green Dot

Standard Length

Stiff Flex

CS-Lite Shafts

I3-White Grips

Asking $400.00 shipped

Pics:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Green dot just my fitting. Don't think the wife would go for me getting new clubs after how much I've spent on the Z in the past couple of weeks. I don't think I can part with my ISI's I love em. Someone should pick them up from you thats a great price.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to put a good price on them, these are some sweet Ping's. If it doesn't work out I may just keep them and try playing with them. I just can't seem to abandon my Hogan Apex blades. I've been playing with them since 92. We'll see.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If I were you I would keep the Pings. Your Hogans are old and outdated. Depending on who often you play, it may be time to rest the blades.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I tried to put a good price on them, these are some sweet Ping's. If it doesn't work out I may just keep them and try playing with them. I just can't seem to abandon my Hogan Apex blades. I've been playing with them since 92. We'll see.
I have a set of Hogan's that I keep in case a friend hits town but didn't have room to bring his sticks...might consider keeping the Pings's as a loaner set. Great price on them.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I were you I would keep the Pings. Your Hogans are old and outdated. Depending on who often you play, it may be time to rest the blades.
How dare you call my Hogans old and outdated :F-you: :nana: :lmfao:

I sorta know what you mean.

I don't think I could give up blades all together though. I do get alot of comments like that from the same people who can't break a 100 and have to buy a new equipment every year because it's the latest and greatest thing. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it until I feel it lets me down.

Long story short, before I bought my new driver, I was playing with a TaylorMade Ti Bubble that was like 7 years old. I went to the beach with the family and took one day for myself to play some golf. I got a 7:30 tee time so that I wouldn't be behind or stuck with playing some scrubs. Got there, wanted to play by myself, they put two brothers with me. First hole, they asked me what tee's I wanted to play. I just said whatever. They said "We're gonna play from the blues, you can play from wherever". I knew what this meant, a long day of golf. First tee I crunch a 3 iron on a fairly short par 4. The first brother blows it right, deep into the woods. Second brother tops it and dribbles it short of the red tee's.

I'm thinking :helpsmilie:

Second tee, I let them hit first since they were ready. First one dumps it into the pond in front of the tee. Second one bombs it all of about 200 yds. I got ready to hit and one made a crack about the "ancient technology" I was using. Well after my ball flew his about 125 yds., there was only silence. Tried to make some bets with them by taking on both of them and giving shots.

They said no go, pu$$ies. I hate people that talk sh!t on the course and can't back it up.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set of Hogan's that I keep in case a friend hits town but didn't have room to bring his sticks...might consider keeping the Pings's as a loaner set. Great price on them.
The only experience I can give you is the other 3 guys in my group that day are playing with the one's they won and love them.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts

I don't think I could give up blades all together though. I do get alot of comments like that from the same people who can't break a 100 and have to buy a new equipment every year because it's the latest and greatest thing. Once I find something I like I tend to stick with it until I feel it lets me down.

Long story short, before I bought my new driver, I was playing with a TaylorMade Ti Bubble that was like 7 years old. I went to the beach with the family and took one day for myself to play some golf. I got a 7:30 tee time so that I wouldn't be behind or stuck with playing some scrubs. Got there, wanted to play by myself, they put two brothers with me. First hole, they asked me what tee's I wanted to play. I just said whatever. They said "We're gonna play from the blues, you can play from wherever". I knew what this meant, a long day of golf. First tee I crunch a 3 iron on a fairly short par 4. The first brother blows it right, deep into the woods. Second brother tops it and dribbles it short of the red tee's.

Second tee, I let them hit first since they were ready. First one dumps it into the pond in front of the tee. Second one bombs it all of about 200 yds. I got ready to hit and one made a crack about the "ancient technology" I was using. Well after my ball flew his about 125 yds., there was only silence. Tried to make some bets with them by taking on both of them and giving shots.

They said no go, pu$$ies. I hate people that talk sh!t on the course and can't back it up.
I used to love my bubble shaft TM...had a 3 wood that never let me down on the tee box or from the short grass. ****...I still have it, actually I have two of them. If you can work the ball with the Hogans and are comfortable around the greens with them...why change? Early tee time a must on a resort course...or here comes a six hour round.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to love my bubble shaft TM...had a 3 wood that never let me down on the tee box or from the short grass. ****...I still have it, actually I have two of them. If you can work the ball with the Hogans and are comfortable around the greens with them...why change? Early tee time a must on a resort course...or here comes a six hour round.
Still have the 3 & 5 wood TM bubble shaft in the bag. I will say I bought a slightly used TM R7 TP w/ Fujik.. shaft, and I'm in love again. Can you say bomb it?

Early tee times, I usually tell the resort I want to be right behind the mower as it leaves the green. Hate the dew on the fairways but I'd rather not play if it's gonna take all day for a round of golf. I'd rather sit at the bar at the clubhouse.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Still have the 3 & 5 wood TM bubble shaft in the bag. I will say I bought a slightly used TM R7 TP w/ Fujik.. shaft, and I'm in love again. Can you say bomb it?

Early tee times, I usually tell the resort I want to be right behind the mower as it leaves the green. Hate the dew on the fairways but I'd rather not play if it's gonna take all day for a round of golf. I'd rather sit at the bar at the clubhouse.
I know exactly what you mean. I bought into the TP series prior to the R5 & R7 series with the adjustable weights...and love the Fujikura speeder shaft. Never thought I would pay that much for a golf club though.

·
Registered
450 Posts

I run into these guys whether I'm at Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg or at my home course.
Didn't mean to offend your blades but the new technology is awesome. It makes the game more enjoyable.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was on ebay the other day, trying to decide if it was worth putting the 3 & 5 wood up for good. Don't play enough to really justify it. I'd rather spend that $ on the Z.

With the weather they're calling for in this area this weekend. It may be time to bring the sticks out of there winter hibernation. 81 Sat., 84 Sun., and 88 Mon. :OMG:

I liked the R7 TP so much, I bought my Dad one for Fathers Day. After he hit it he was like :eek:hsnap:

I've NEVER loved a club this much. :hump:

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I run into these guys whether I'm at Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg or at my home course.
Didn't mean to offend your blades but the new technology is awesome. It makes the game more enjoyable.
No problem, hope you saw that I was joking.

Now, stop posting on this thread and making me second guess selling these things. :jk:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Perfect golfing weather :)
That it is....played Sunday. Took a closer look at the driver...it is a TP R5 series. I was mistaken and thought I had purchased the club beofre the R5's came out. The little plastic weight insert in the back of the of the club head is working it's way out.

Good luck w/the sale.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
If I could learn to play golf, I would have taken you up on these. I'm assuming they're a good set for starters.

I've been told I have to start playing golf by all my buddies around here.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If I could learn to play golf, I would have taken you up on these. I'm assuming they're a good set for starters.

Dave get them. Then we can get away from the wifes

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yes, IMO, these would be a good starter set. I'll tell you why, I've seen alot of guys go to some random sporting goods store and spend 250-400 on some cheap ass clubs. They become very interested in the game(read that as addicted). They decide they need a good set of clubs, they end up not being able to get rid of the cheap ones, and then spend money on good ones. When you could of started out with a decent set to begin with.

Now I'm not trying to hard sell. I would only buy these if you are indeed interested in learning the game. Otherwise, you can probably go to "Wally World" and find a set for less than $200.00

However, just let me know. I have these running on a couple of the sites. I was planning on letting them run this week, and put them up on ebay next week if there is no further interest.

I still may keep them to update my sticks.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I forgot to include a quote from the Ping website:

The i3+ Series improved on the top selling i3 Series iron. Like the model it succeeded, the i3+ Series was available in two different models - the i3+, and the slightly smaller i3+ Blade. Key differences between the i3+ Series and the i3 Series included:

* A 15% larger Custom Tuning Port (CTP) in the cavity that increased the perimeter weighting for added forgiveness
* A larger Notched Hosel for an easier transition through the grass
* Redesigned leading edge and bounce geometry which lowered the face surface for more consistent ball contact and improved playability from a wide range of lies and conditions

The slightly larger i3+ model is for players needing forgiveness and consistency, while the i3+ Blade model appeals for players who seek the classic look and feel of a club with less offset and a smaller head.

The ones I have are the "i3+" not the "i3+ blades"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.