Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Its been 3 long days but my Z finally meets my approval

The car was delivered full of swirls. I spent the first day claying the car with ClayMagic, then went over the car with 3M Perfect-It Swirl Remover. It removed them completely but i was skeptical about the fillers, so gave it a wash with a cap full of Dawn, and yep the swirls came back, but not as bad as they were

Day 2 and i layered 3 coats of Zaino Z5, and the swirls had gone. Day 3 rolled along i layered 3 coats of Z2-Pro. The paint looks fantastic now :shiftdrive:

mmmmm Zaino goodness

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/tpiace/Zed/121_2136.jpg');}" />

and my take on a little Easton Chang style photoshopping

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
****!!!! That looks great!!!!!! :cheers:

That is way beyond clean.................. :yourock:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Good job and congrats! That looks great! I like those wheels (yes, I know they're stock). :wink:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Jesus.

You could shave with that reflection......

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im borrowing the Z8 off my mate to see what that will do

he's been having mixed results with it though, on some cars it works really well and there is a noticeable step up in gloss, on others he's found no difference using Z6 or Z8

another gloomy overcast day in Melb, im waiting for the sun to come out to take some more pics

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That's beautifully shinny!!! I also like the 35 Ann wheels. What product do you use to shine the tyres?
BTW, your Easton Chang interpretation of the dash would have been a little more realistic if you flicked the dials well over to the right hand side!!!!
Nice pics.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahahaha KY i know, but i cant go past the number 4 just yet :banghead:

re tyres, i used Yuk-Off, it comes in an orange capped tin, u can buy it from BP or Shell servos

It doesnt have much silicone in it, so it will wear off after a few days, but the upside is its not messy, doesnt flick up over your body or make the brake dust stick to the rims

ill help u Yun, ill stand there and point out the spots u missed :lmfao:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Nice shine on that SB man.. looks like the shine I get after a wash and wax in the shade with Meguires NXT. I never got into the Zaino thing, but I can see why people spend all that time!

I usually stop waxing when I can not only see airplanes in my paint's reflection, but when I can tell what kind of jet it is.. lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice one sam....

You really have the patient to do all the detailing it... the result is brilliant!

Are you gonna put any exterior dress up on your car or just leave it stock?

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not going to fit a kit this time around, there isnt a kit i really like on a black Z

just rims and coilovers later on and a few small things like some CF B pillars, short antenna and those concept LED sidemarkers

this is what ive ordered for the car so far.....just small dress up stuff and the ICE components i need for my install

- CF engine cover
- CF B-pillar (seriously thinking about the bumper centre panel too now)
- K&N Typhoon (my bro bought that for me)
- US Spec orange reflectors (sending these to Z-Enterprises to have the 3 leds fitted)
- Nismo oil cap
- APR CF radiator plate
- Clarion 1/2 Din centra channel speaker
- American International double din surround
- Colgan bra + mirrors
- Honda S2000 antenna
- Xenondepot 6500K xenons (had the same kit on my Alfa, beautiful color output and top quality kit) with matching white parkers
- Primaru CF gauge pods (they cost me AUS $350 shipped :xZ!o: )
- Spare set of battery/steering covers so i can paint them body color

thats it for now. Im going to do my ICE within the next couple months. I have to leave them the car for 2 weeks, such a drainer. And will do rims and suspension over summer

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well sam'

Next time if you want we'll catch up on the weekend and i can show you all the 350Z magazine of full bodykit list and wheels. So you can pick which one you like.

Also regarding the bra. i'll sell mine to you if you want. i'm getting the clear bra installed next weekend on saturday.

Also i wish i have my own washing bay. i have to go to the taxi stand car wash to wash it :( not a nice place to be.

cheers

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks Yun but i have already bought the Colgan off ebay, came with the mirror bras and bonnet piece shipped for only US $150, i know its not leather but a darn site cheaper than carbra Aus's version

but whats this i read about fitting new screws under the guards for the bra to attach to?

hahhaha no bodykit for me Yun, i had the whole bodykit thing on the Alfa and it was pain parking, going over speedhumps, etc, plus i prefer a cleaner look now at my age

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by craigy@Jun 2 2005, 09:58 AM
Hey ! You're steering wheel is on the wrong side. You got ripped off. Take it back

Actually, if you take a closer look you'll notice the wheel sits on the right. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts