1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
22 yellow S2000

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
23 there were 2 BMW M Coupes. The guy in the silver one was probably the best driver. I couldn't catch him, even though my Z has more rwhp. He was passing 911s and Corvettes all day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
24 the blue M Coupe. It is a love it or hate it car. I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
25 yellow EVO

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
26 Coco's LeMans Sunset Z. She is such a sweetheart. Good looking too (I mean the car AND Coco).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
27 white E36 M3. I had one of these for 8 years and 90,000 miles. Great car. Mine was bright red (in German, "hellrot"). This is the last pic.

Please drive your 350Z on a racetrack. It is the most fun you will ever have with your clothes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd love to drive one of those Miata Coupes... and those M Coupes are extremely fast... put one in the hands of a decent driver, and he'll pretty much roll everything on the track. There's a reason it's called the world's fastest tennis shoe...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Those are some nice pics. I was just thinking "those coupes look much better than the ones we have here" as I started to read that you felt the same way about the Miatas.

So how'd you do?</span>

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
hahahahaha

The World's Fastest Tennis Shoe -- I never heard that one about the M Coupe (but if the shoe fits . . .)

For me, the sentimenal favorite is the Pantera. And it was fast!

I did great. My suspension is sorted out really well now. I had the Tein coil overs lowered about as far as they will go with the electronic shock damping on the hardest setting. The Nismo limited slip was hardly noticeable. The only time it "clicks" is when turning the wheel hard at very low speed. I guess it was working though, because there were a couple of times I turned in too late, missed the apex, and thought I was going to slide into the dirt, but it never happened. The rear end just righted itself and off I went down the straight. The Nismo brake pads are great too. On the long backstraight (which ends with a little hill and then a hard left turn) I got up to 118 mph. There was a WRX STi that hit 135 mph at the same spot -- Unbelievable!!!

I had an E46 M3 driver tell me he couldn't catch me. (I knew that, I kept him in my rearview mirror for a couple of laps LOL).

Another guy said -- "I usually pass 350Zs, but I couldn't catch you." The mods are paying off.

A great time was had by all.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The LSD should affect the handling feel by having the rear end of the car digging into the road more since you're delivering more power to the outside wheel... that's the best way I can describe it... but on a RWD car, you might not feel it as much... What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
245/40/18 front; and 275/35/18 rear -- Kumho Ecsta MX

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Someone on another forum (NOT the Evil Board) tried to tell me that they WERE RX-7s, but I am sure they are Miatas. They are much smaller than the last generation RX-7.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@May 10 2004, 05:03 PM
245/40/18 front; and 275/35/18 rear -- Kumho Ecsta MX

Hmmm... I wonder if that's a little too much tire in the rear for your suspension. I had a thread on the evil board (in the RR/AX forum) about this, and there seems to be a significant divide over this topic. What suspension do you have? If the suspension isn't one that's conducive to rotating, then a wider tire in the rear might be your problem. What I am therefore saying is that you're not using the potential of the LSD. Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Tein Flex coil overs set to lowest ride height, with electronic damping force control set to hardest setting. Nismo S-tune sway bars. Crawford strut brace (stock brace does not fit over Crawford plenum). I spent a lot of $$$ for the Nismo 5-spoke forged alloys and Kumho tires. The last thing I want to hear is that I should have stuck with the narrower stock Track Rays forged wheels. I still use them on the street with Bridgestone S-03 pole positions 225/45/18 front; 255/45/18 rear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even though the car is lower doesn't mean it's going to handle better, and the same goes for having the dampening on the stiffest setting. Every track is different, and I really can't tell you any more since I haven't driven any tracks outside of the East Coast. I can tell you that stiffer isn't always better, as if the surface is rough, the car will bounce / skip, and you'll minimize the tire contact. For instance, at Summit Point, the concrete patching is pretty rough. Even at 2/3rds stiff, I had trouble with my steering input. I softened the dampening to 1/3rd, and had much better turn-in and front grip.

But like I said, it seems to be a debate that has yet been settled. I've decided to go with the Nismo wheels, but first use them on the street. I'm going to use my current OEM track rims and shod them with 245/40 RA1s all around... if I don't like that setup, I can always throw those on the Nismo wheels and go with a wider RA1 in the rear...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Love the M coupes.
This is a different track from the 6/4 event right?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts