Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I actually have a day off tomorrow Im going to get up, wash the Z, and put on a coat of Meguirs NXT. The last time it was waxed was back in June. A professional detailer used to do it for me when our dealership used him, but now they dont so I dont get "the hook up" anymore. I also got some micro fiber towels. It will be nice and shiny for the drag strip tomorrow night. :biggrin:

Anyone else use NXT?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I may just put some Zaino on mine tomorrow. Finally out of the shop and need to wash away the nastiness that Nissan has done to it,

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I use NXT. Very easy to apply and looks great once its on. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't seem to last very long before you're wanting to put on another coat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got done putting on a coat of NXT. Im impressed. It comes off really easy and doesnt leave any residue like wax usually does. Great shine too. I highly recommend it.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks good, now dress those tires!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by erock@Oct 24 2004, 03:26 PM
Looks good, now dress those tires!

LOL!! I dont know why but I never do that.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
If you do I highly recommend Black Magic Tire Wet Gel

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Dave079@Oct 24 2004, 05:47 PM
If you do I highly recommend Black Magic Tire Wet Gel

Does that go on with a foam applicator? I hate using the spray kind.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by BluZee@Oct 23 2004, 10:46 AM
Just got done putting on a coat of NXT.  Im impressed.  It comes off really easy and doesnt leave any residue like wax usually does.  Great shine too.  I highly recommend it.

Hey Jordan,

Yes, most users are saying that it appears to be very easy to apply. The results are surprisingly great as well. However, how long does this new NXT shine hold up as opposed to the Meguiars Gold Class paste wax?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by frankmusic@Oct 24 2004, 07:14 PM
Yes, most users are saying that it appears to be very easy to apply. The results are surprisingly great as well. However, how long does this new NXT shine hold up as opposed to the Meguiars Gold Class paste wax?

Hey buddy. Ill keep you posted on the longevity of the NXT.

Conceyted- Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
909 Posts
BluZee that looks great :thumbsup:
I applied a couple of coats opf NXT over the weekend also and topped it off with a carnuba wax.

Gold Class was actually the very first wax that I ever applied on my Z. Of course now I've tried just about every thing out there including Zaino and NXT by far is my favorite.

I was actually one of the first people that recieved one of the first bottles when it first came out. Since this was during the winter I didn't have a chance to apply as much. If memory serves right, I had on my car at least two months before I could re-apply and it was still beading. I read recently from Autopia that they think they might have re-formulated it since then and it now lasts longer. One of the members there reported that he had it on clients vehicle for at least three months without as much as a quick detail and with the car being out in the elements and it seems to be holding up great. Unfortunately for me these days I couldn't tell you how long it lasts because I re-apply at least once a month if not two or three. It's a real easy product to use specially with a PC.

Here's my recent detail.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&#entry30224

·
Registered
2 Posts
For some reason, carnuba wax(gold class, 3M) doesn't work on my car. It's weird. I always used gold class paste on my black VW GTI and it worked great. Water just beaded and slid right off the car, almost like Rain X on the windshield.. But when I do it to my Z, the water doesn't seem to bead as good. I was kinda pissed after all the hard work so I just started using NXT cuz it's easy as **** to use. It seams as though synthetic stuff is overtaking the natural stuff in many parts of the car(microfibers, motor oil, wax,etc).

·
Registered
909 Posts
That was my only grief with the carnuba that's why I rarely use it. Carnuba finish certainly doesn't bead as well as NXT but it certainly adds more depth in the paint.

This picture is only with a coat of NXT. Compare it with the picture above. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually, NXT doesn't bead as good either. It's still doesn't bead like my old car as stated in my previous post. NXT has more of a "line drip". The water just flows off the car a line pattern. Which is good but I'm just curious as to why carnuba doesn't bead as well on the Z as it did on my old car. I swear I did everything the same way. Actually, I suspect that it may be because of the microfibers I use. That would be the only thing I did differently. I used cotton towels on my old car and microfibers on the Z. I'm thinking that the microfibers are too good and just take off some of the wax during the buffing process. I could be wrong though. But I'm gonna try cotton next time I wax.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by DonaldxR@Oct 26 2004, 09:42 PM
Actually, NXT doesn't bead as good either. It's still doesn't bead like my old car as stated in my previous post. NXT has more of a "line drip". The water just flows off the car a line pattern. Which is good but I'm just curious as to why carnuba doesn't bead as well on the Z as it did on my old car. I swear I did everything the same way. Actually, I suspect that it may be because of the microfibers I use. That would be the only thing I did differently. I used cotton towels on my old car and microfibers on the Z. I'm thinking that the microfibers are too good and just take off some of the wax during the buffing process. I could be wrong though. But I'm gonna try cotton next time I wax.

Well from MY experience it does bead AND line drip as you mention. How it beads is if it was rained on or if you're washing and you're spraying it with a water pressure like in these pictures.

RAINED ON:

AFTER A RUN THROUGH A CAR WASH:
(NOTE: This is after 6 days of the initial application)

The water flows off the car (my favorite feature) or "line drips" if you just have the water flowing from the hose without the nozzle.
Jinxx explains this very well on her post.
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=954

This is the result from this procedure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used it last week on my black Avalon. I had waxed it two weeks ago with some brand of carnuba wax. Then Ii waxed half of one of the doors with the NXT. You can easily see the differance. The NXT side has a darker deepr look to it.
Good stuff and easy to apply

1 - 20 of 21 Posts