Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

As many of you already knew that my engine is currently being rebuilt @ Nizpro and the car should be back home with basic tune at the end of next week... then I will need to run the engine in until they can do further fine tunings at higher rpm when they are back in mid-jan next year...

The built engine has:

1. Nizpro spec 11.5:1 compression pistons (8 thou overbore) with Moly coats + 0.2mm oversize piston rings
2. Carrillo A beam Rods
3. Bore and hone cylinders to meet spec and resulting 22cc larger in engine capacity
4. Modify bearings to get full revolution lubrication instead of 180 degree lubrication in the standard engine
5. Modify combustion chambers and cylinder heads
6. Modify oil routes
7. Balanced bottom end (Balance pistons, rods, crank, flywheel, UR crank pulley... etc)
8. Stronger Oil Pump for high rev
9. '05 lower intake plenum
10. Nismo VTC pulleys
11. Nismo valve springs
12. Nismo Spec 1 camshaft sets
13. Nismo cat back system (brand new from japan thanks to the guy ran into my rear bumper)
14. Fujitsubo headers
15. crawford cats
16. Nizpro custom Y pipe with larger collectors
17. Nizpro modified airbox with 118mm bell mouth and 84mm intake SS tube + K&N filter
18. MoTeC M600 ECU with Nizpro plug and play wiring loom
19. and MD spacer + Iso-thermal kit

Might not be able to tell how much gains we have until we get to the fine tuning, it will be quite interesting to find out if 05 lower plenum helps in this engine rebuild...

Here are some photos to share and will take more in a few days time!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Thats fucking sick! Nice work Richie, thats basically a full race motor now!

That really is awesome, love the work Nizpro are doing, top quality.

This has got to the be one of the sickest Zeds in existance.

Questions,

Which oil pump is that? RB26 in a VQ35 casing?
Which bearings are they? Modified stock?
What modifications did they do to the oil route? Oil restrictors?
What modifications were made to the combustion chamber? Reducing compression, getting the pistons to fit, or making the quelch area better?

That is going to feel like a completely different engine! And its going to sound awesome!! :)

I want to see detailed videos of this thing on the road this time. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Awesome Richie, Simon does great work, your in good hands.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks David... yeah... Simon and his gangs are great bunch of nice guys, they definitely know what are they doing... :)

Murray, the oil pump is an 05 oil pump which is also said to be the nismo oil pump for 03-04 350z... so they are not expensive to buy... I got it from Jason @ performance nissan! With the bearings, they are stock bearings, I was going to buy a set of nismo bearings, but simon asked me don't need to waste my money on that, so I just follow his plan. About the combustion chambers, I am not too sure how they modify it though (edited). With the oil route, Simon was telling me about the crank oil routes the day before, so i guess it is all about cooling down the crank and making sure that 8000rpm is not a problem for it....

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
**** rich 8000 rpm on the Z. That shall make the RX8 into nothing lol, their stock rev on 9000rpm, but even modded rx8 probably get only get to 10,000rpm?

Good work man, give me a Free ride ok? :D hahaha

·
Registered
342 Posts
Holy crap! You do realize that you are literally going to drive in my eyes the ultimate Z! N/A 8K redline! I'd love to see it in action.

Good work

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
WOW :OMG: That is going to be shweeeeeeeet!

What is the estimated completion date?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
it seem like your car is going to be hardcore serious after all this work done! when you re doen yeah post up some videos so we can see the results

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW :OMG: That is going to be shweeeeeeeet!

What is the estimated completion date?
thanks guys, the estimated completion date is like next monday, but that's tuned to engine run in mode, so until mid jan, I will take it easy and put a good 1000km on the engine before we do further fine tunings at higher rpm... my tuner doesn't want to rev to 8000rpm all the time on the dyno when the new engine only has less than 10km on the dyno machine :)

I will see what I can do with the video!!!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ni-ice NA build!

& one more point for team Oz!

I'll be very interested to see final tuning #'s...like I can convert those metric # you guys on the fatal shore use.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok... here are more photos that I got from them today... cylinder heads are going back on and the car will be tuned up soon... I should get the car back mid to end of next week... I will see if I can get to them before they do dyno tunings, then I might be able to take a few videos from there first!

03 lower plenum vs 05 lower plenum

Some intake and exhaust ports porting/polishing works..

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
:OMG: wow Rich that's amazing stuff........8000rpm :rolf2:

go out and shatter some M3 ego's!!!

Rich will u go for a larger volume plenum, like the crawford or APS tallboy? I know with the 05 lower plenum, more volume doesnt necessarily equal more power, but just curious what Nizpro's thoughts were towards plenum mods

and now another......http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158576

definitely the ultimate NA Z no question, and good morale for the Aussies........David had the first FI, and Rich has the first built NA........and looks like Murray will have the first built TT

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You mean in Australia or In this Forum?
If in this forum, Yes David is the First.

But if in Australia then no Nizpro made one first for a Customer at around AU$50K i think (forgot already)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Murray... I am not too sure who did the job for them though, but I guess they are just some small jobs (not too much being ported out, more cleaning up and polishing jobs I THINK)...

Sam... with the 05 plenum, Simon told me that we will most likely get the max. number shift all the way up from 6500rpm to 7000rpm, since I have wild cams, some cylinder works and new pistons, but the engine will DEFINITELY lose some mid range torque, and with the high compression ratio pistons that I am using, we MIGHT be able to get those torque and power back at the mid range (since what it does is to increase hp and torque across the entire rpm range)... and he will try out the 05 plenum first for the initial tune and when the engine is run in, he might give the other one a try IF we lose too much usable torque down low for a street car. And actually Peter Pilkington was the first one who has the built N/A engine! :)

cheers,

richie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts