Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full album can be viewed here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286531695

(Note, some images are sized differently, and the largest ones are hosted on a different server than ImageStation)

As some of you know, I ventured 1000+Km north to Montreal last week for the Canadian GP. I wasn't sure what to expect up there given the fact that it's the 2nd largest French-speaking city in the world, and every experience I've had in Paris has been a disaster. Anyways, enough of that... it's a beautiful city with perfect weather in the summer (or at least it was when I was there, mid-70s and sunny). This weekend is the biggest party weekend in Montreal, and everybody was out in their Ferraris. Low and behold, we discovered that our hotel was in the center of the "district"... hehe... even capture a shot of a Ferrari 360 (or a 575) picking up a hooker... lol

(Albeit blurry, I can assure you this is a hooker being propositioned by the guy in the Ferrari, and yes, she got in)

Spent some time down in Old Town, lots of character:

Lots of scenic parks:

Is it just me, or are Canadian deer
?

And what the **** is this? (I'm pretty sure I don't want to know)

More great 350Z poses:

Now for the races... the Gille Villivue track is on one of the islands that hosted the '67 World Fair... very nice park, with especially nice looking hizzhoes... this is "Trojan Girl":

Not too many photos of actual F1 cars since they move by WAY too fast, but we were able to capture this Jaguar hot on the brakes (yes, carbon brakes do glow):

The race itself was pretty good. Ralf Schumacher (BMW-Williams) was on pole, with Jenson Button 2nd (BAR-Honda). M. Schumacher was back in 8th or something. Michael Schumacher ended up winning the race by simply pulling consistent lap times and having the best pit strategy. I would wager to say that BAR-Honda screwed themselves royally with having that additional pit stop. In the end, BMW-Williams and Toyota were DQ'd as they had illegal brake ducts.

Before the actual F1 race was a support race, the Ferrari Challenge. This had to have been the best race finish EVER! In the lead was Peterson in the #87 car, and Anassi in the silver / blue car kept gaining on him through the race. On the last two laps, he made several attempts to pass, and finally got around him. They exchanged the lead a few more times, and on the final lap, Peterson was holding Anassi off. Then in the last turn, Anassi gave Peterson a love tap, and they went side by side down the final straight. They crossed the line nose-to-nose, both transponders giving same times. The difference was less than a thousandth of a second, and it took them 15 minutes to give the win to Anassi. Awesome finish!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Yeah, those are some great pics. I especially like the first of the "More great 350Z poses."
</span>

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I saw a Z parked on the street in New York one time. I almost had a heart attack. It was from the same dealership as mine; I thought about going back there and reporting them for Z abuse

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you afraid of the Z getting broken into or simply getting hit? In those photos, I'm in the car, and Montreal is a very tame city IMO. I've parked on the street in several places in DC, and from my experience, most thieves won't touch it. However, on rare occasions somebody will knick your bumper...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I am not so afraid of her getting stolen, just breathed on the wrong way....I am just a freak over this car....I have heart failure when someone parks next to her, even here at work if someone other than my office ppl parks next to her I spying on that person instantly...making sure they don't ding her up. Shopping, I am parking in the spot the farthest away and packing a lunch for the hike. Heck I even get nervous at stop lights when someone gets too close behind me...Then again, she's had a pretty traumatic first year of life so I am RATHER particular and protective!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, the thieves aren't so much my concern either. She got dinged while driving on a highway 16 days after I got her, so I'm paranoid too

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****, not all the pics came up, and I'm on a T1 line.

I used to live in Montreal (1994-1999). Fun city, and yes the biggest weekend is the Canadian GP.

You must have been staying on Ste Catherine St. The Ferrari club blocks off 1 block of that street to party and show off. Old Town is cool, too. The food is amazing if you like anything European. My fave was Italian, and there are plenty of them in Montreal.

Oh, the hotties!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 13 2004, 03:15 PM
****, not all the pics came up, and I'm on a T1 line.

Yeah, that's what happens when people use one server to host images and display them on another. Sometimes the hosting company doesn't appreciate it and won't let the image come through. Can't say I blame them though

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the photos on two different servers... sometimes with the red X's you just have to right click and "show picture". Not sure why WTDR is giving me a "Thanks for stealing out bandwidth" since I'm a registered user...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by John@Jul 13 2004, 06:16 PM
Not sure why WTDR is giving me a "Thanks for stealing out bandwidth" since I'm a registered user...

They do that because you are using their image on another domain name. They want people to go to their site to see pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts