Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 is here and I'm looking at what tracks/events to go next. Not all the dates for the club/track sprints have been posted yet, but it looks like one of the 1st that I'll attend this year is the Phillip Island club-sprints with the WRX club on the 11th of March.

Anyone else interesting in coming? I had a ball last time there and am keep to get out there while I still remember what I learnt last time ;-)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am definetly interested! WRX guys put on great sprints... :) Now that I have a new set of tyres, I might actually have some GRIP! :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that I have a new set of tyres, I might actually have some GRIP!

Would be good to see you there. What tyres have you got now? Is that like the 3rd set? ;-)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I might as well. but we'll have to see first. Just had a bit of Accident on New years. Hitting a Curb that have a chance damaged the suspension plus why wheels is damaged (bent) too :(

So we'll see first.

iggy why not get a set of R-spec tyres? :) i'm thinking to get one on my stock tyres too :p

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...but we'll have to see first. Just had a bit of Accident on New years.

What happened Yun? And which wheel?

Hitting a Curb that have a chance damaged the suspension plus why wheels is damaged (bent) too :(

Hopefully the suspension is fine, but even if you bent something then you'll just need a new suspension arm. Not that expensive and very quick to replace.

As far as the wheel goes, not sure how badly you have damaged it, but make sure to get a wheel repair place a look at it as specialize in fixing banged up wheels and making them look as good as new. Had 3 wheels from the HSV there and each time they've done a brilliant job ... $120 - $200 per wheel. The place I'm refering to is in Moorabbin and is called "Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs". Their number is 9555 6893.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ok just found out. the whole arm is damaged including the shock absorber. so Returning to stock shock now.

not drifiting just drove into a drainage pipe line while changing a CD doing 60 :(

the wheels seems unrepairable, it's my TE37 19" forged. it bent like a can being forced to open with a screw driver. :(

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ouch :( Sorry to hear about that Yun.

As for R-Spec - budget constraints are putting this purcase off by a few months.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ok just found out. the whole arm is damaged including the shock absorber. so Returning to stock shock now.

not drifiting just drove into a drainage pipe line while changing a CD doing 60 :(

the wheels seems unrepairable, it's my TE37 19" forged. it bent like a can being forced to open with a screw driver. :(
That is a real shame Yun.

There is obviously several thousand $$$ damage there. Can your insurance co cover this damage?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That's probably not a big deal (ie. in terms of money), but your wheel is ... in particular if it can't be repaired. Sorry to hear about the accident :-( Still, I'm not sure how you bent ther arm/wheel ... I don't understand how a drainage pipe line could do that? It sounds like you hit it side on ... is that so?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well thanks guys. the drain pipe is that i hit this side of it "O" so yach it took whole suspension. thanks for my own fault to change the CD while driving.

just had another option on Suspension thanks to Tpiace comment.

As he is getting the Tokico i might get it now and share the shipping with him.

The wheels i'm still looking for used one in Japan. so i guess back to stock tyres as well. hope my car can be ready before the meet up on the 16th jan :p

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yun

I saw your car yesterday at N-1 Service Factory, that rim looks pretty bad ouch!!! bad luck mate. Have you any major work done by N-1, they've given me a quote on taking out my old gearbox and fitting in my new version 9 gearbox that I've just received from the US, what's their workmanship like?

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hi david'

yes it was really hurt. But anyway new rims is coming from japan.

I haven't had much major work done, but so far is good. If it's just changing Gear box i should say no problem at all ;) As i just swaping back to Nismo they took down the Gearbox so i should say no problem with their hand job :)

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a reminder that Phillip Island track day with the WRX-club is barely a month away. The entry form will be released any day now, so anyone who is interested in coming I suggest that you get your affairs in order and clear your schedule as the entries will go quick. Would be great to have a group of cars there as we did as Sandown and Winton.

There should be plenty of track time with the WRX-club, and also if it comes down to it there'll be plenty of people on stand-by just in case someone decides to dop out after they booked in.

I will be there and will be faxing off my entry form as soon as it's released.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
who else will go? Because i'll be total Newbie on Phillip island lol.

I know David is going as he went only once on his Z and Not sure if iggy going with his first time with his Z.

i'll be depend how many people will go. But i'll be having a high chance going.

But need to fix my Brakes fluid first need to change to Motul RBF600.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts