Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on finally doing some mods to my car. I have some money saved up and I am thinking of doing these mods. What do you all think?

Japatrix Mid Pipe and Y pipe.........or JIC Y pipe... (not sure which to get)

Either Random Tech Cats High Flow or Kenetix Cats High Flow

Kenetix Plenum

I like the Japatrix and Kenetix setup the most cause it seems the cheapest, but I also want quality and best power gains. What do you all think?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hmm not too familar with the jap trix y-pipe. are you in FL? as far as the cats i went with the test pipes w/ resonatores from kinetix and i love them. havent really looked into the plenum but i heard a few people were habing issues with them cracking. i think he(kinetix) is working on a new plenum, besure to look into that before buying one

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
How about a Crawford plenum -- good gains.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have the R/T cats on mine and love them. Only problem is a little raspiness at WOT. The kinetix are around $400 and RT's run around $550-600, so a nice difference in price. I would stay away from the Kinetix plenum for the time being though. Way too many problems with them with cracking. Either wait and see what happens with the v3 of kinetix or go with crawfords. Only problem with them is that you have to send in your plenum in exchange, or pay around $200 more.

·
Registered
785 Posts
yea, the crawford plenum is definatly more expensive by nearly double if you look at the core exchange as another 200 bucks. IMO wait it out with the plastic plenums and once they get it right and stop cracking pick one up for under 300 bucks. I recommend possibly doing a popcharger and some highflow cats for your first mods. Both are fairly cheap and easily installed. I am thinking of either test pipes with resonators from Kenetix or gutting the stock cats. We shall see...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Conceyted@Apr 27 2004, 04:10 PM
yea, the crawford plenum is definatly more expensive by nearly double if you look at the core exchange as another 200 bucks. IMO wait it out with the plastic plenums and once they get it right and stop cracking pick one up for under 300 bucks. I recommend possibly doing a popcharger and some highflow cats for your first mods. Both are fairly cheap and easily installed. I am thinking of either test pipes with resonators from Kenetix or gutting the stock cats. We shall see...

Good to see ya on the board Chris!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea i would defintaly wait on the kenetix plenum because of all the problems so far. Once they get all the kinks out, that would be the one I would go for.

I would also go with the japtrix y pipe. Looks just like the jic but is cheaper and I have heard a lot of good things about it.

And I would choose the kenetix hf cats over the rt cats. If you dont mind the smell and want the extra power go with the kenetix test pipes.

--Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts