Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a How-to on hardwiring a passport 8500 to the auto dim mirror? i have seen this done and think it would be cooler than havign the **** wire dangling all the time. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This guy (Mike Peronek his regular email address is [email protected].)sells a bracket that attaches to the mirror to hold the Passport.
$20.00. He accepts PayPal.

You need to get a RJ11 cord (regular telephone cord).
Get the 10 footer.
Mount the Passport using the bracket.
The little plastic piece on the windsheild just pushes together to remove.
Run the RJ11 up next to the wires already there.
Using a plastic putty knife push the RJ11 into the opening between the edge of the windshiled and the roof liner.
Run it all the way across the drivers side and down the A-Pillar to the fuse box. Strip the end of the RJ11 and find the Red and Green wires. The other wires are not used.
Red (hot) goes to a fuse (I used one that comes on with the ignition) and the green gets attached to the metal part of the car body. Just scratch off some paint and use a self-tapping screw.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
careful which end you strip !!! telephone wires are not symmetric... i.e. on one end the red will be on the left and the other end the red will be on the right! if you strip the wrong end you might fry something.. (or it just might not work)

ive been meaning to do this for awhile, but just am lacking time.. steve if you want i can give you a guide and you can take pics and do a how to ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts