Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so the passenger's side window is stuck in the down position, I have to drive 4 hours back to college today and I can't miss classes tomorrow, I'm in between a rock and a hard place essentially. It wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, but it is forecasted to thunderstorm today, so that's spectacular. Is there any short term fix for this? I'm pretty certain that the actuator is shot...
thanks,
_d

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
short term fix - park under a roof to keep the rain from getting in. Or maybe you could garbage bag you passenger window. I would recommend clear plastic.

On a serious note, you should take it to the dealer to have them fix it if it is the acutator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I'm going to have to take it to the dealer. Do you think they'll take me tomorrow morning without an appointment? I guess they will if I throw enough of a fit?
_d

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I read somewhere that you can reset the window motor somehow.... this sometimes solve the problem.... can't remember how to or where I read it though :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
LOL. Sorry you have to drive like that. I had the same thign happen when i had an 03. Dealer had to replace motor of window. If they dotn take you wihtout an appointment then FORCE them to give you a rental as that is not really a driveable condition, perhaps not mechanical but safety wise i woldnt leave my Z with the windows down or drive in the rain. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Sucks.. sorry to hear. I'd insist on a loaner and leave the car. After all, where the **** are you gonna be able to park it with no window??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, there's only one problem with the whole rental thing, I'm only 20:( They aren't allowed to give rentals until you're what? 25 or so?
_d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts