Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, the door handle for passenger side of my z has broken from the top and looks really ugly. I've found people selling them in the US but no one in Oz seems to carry them. Anyone know of any suppliers that keep these inside door handles for RHD? (the C shape handle that goes on the inside with the chrome cover)

I'm also in need of a passenger side window motor which on ebay US are going for a bit over $200 (for a LHD) but I'm confused as which one to buy, the drivers side or passengers side because my passenger side is their drivers side.

Thanks in advance.

DOOR HANDLE GRIP RIGHT SIDE 350Z GRAY NISSAN 03-05 - eBay (item 190441299040 end time Feb-04-11 08:44:24 PST)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
:welcome: to Tech!

I bought a replacement Jesus handle from my dealer as it work out justas expensive as getting a rhd one from anywhere else. I'll check to see ig it was just the silver or whole handle tonight.

I also just had delivered new window motors. Just tell them what side of the car you need rather than driver/passenger :)

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
My passenger door handle cost around 80 bucks, but I used my old silver bit. Got it through Nissan Aus but they had to order it in from Japan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Whats a Jesus Handle and how much was it? Haven't heard that type before, lol. The OEM motors are going for around $210 in the US but Nissan quoted me $800, so my concern is if the sellers are selling aftermarket motors with Nissan packaging or are they genuine motors?

$80 sounds alright as Nissan quoted me over $200 with the Silver finisher?? Maybe I should ring them again and double check.

Silly point, but am I right in thinking that a passenger side door handle from a LHD will not fit the passenger side of a RHD?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Jesus handle is the passenger handle. When you have someone riding shotgun and you go around a corner they usually yell "Jesus!!!" while holding on for life.

I paid $80 as well but not sure which bits it came with.

Correct about LHD and RHD. Different shape so need to buy locally, Japan or UK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok, 'Jesus Handles' makes sense now, hehehe.

Will give a few Nissan dealers a call next week and hopefully sort one out.

So with the window motors, its safe to buy one from ebay for a couple of hundred?

I'd prefer a new one than taking it out and cleaning it on a weekly basis, lol.

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
lol we call that the Oh **** handle around here. :rolf2:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
+1

The GF puts a lot of stock in that handle. Pretty sure one of the bolts is stripped too, lol! :eek:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've broken mine too...it's completely snapped off...I thought maybe I needed a new door card but maybe I can just replace the handle? Looks like it's snapped from both top and bottom mounts?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've broken mine too...it's completely snapped off...I thought maybe I needed a new door card but maybe I can just replace the handle? Looks like it's snapped from both top and bottom mounts?
Post up a pic Kam. I thought my door trim was a little torn, but when I put the new handle on, everything was covered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Initially I used araldite and then fibre glass filler on top. Turned out stronger than ever but the silver finisher wouldn't clip in because of too much filler. Can't be stuffed removing it and sanding it down so getting a new one.

I might even use araldite on the new one so it has no chance of breaking again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok guys, I rang two Nissan dealers in vic and got quoted at $150 and $180 for the door handle without the silver finisher, which to me is a bit unreasonable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine broke as well it cost $48 from a Nissan dealer and took 5 mins to replace
I paid $80 as well but not sure which bits it came with.
could you guys please tell me which Nissan dealers you purchased the handle from. Don't mind buying one from interstate if its cheaper than what the dealers here in vic sell them for.:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
There is no such place/person as a Nissan Dealer. The Australian Sub_Species are more commonly referred to as Nissan Stealers. No correlation to the footy team in the US.

Edit is due to Kiwi Sav Blancs. Cheers!!! Happy New Year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts