Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 350Z Roadster and I need the connections instuctions to install
a passenger side air bag cut off switch can some one help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to connect a passenger side air bag switch on my 2004 Roadster can anyone help?
I need the connection diagram I posted in another section also.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Did you already buy the part from Nissan?

If not, don't. Call (800) information and ask for "Air Bag Service." They are a national company that will install a generic air-bag cut-off switch for $400 total, including parts, labor and tax, and they come to your house to do the work. I am very satisfied with mine.

First, you need to get your government approval letter from NTHSA. Go to their website, download the form, fill it out and fax it back. It only took 10 days to get their approval. You need the letter when your Air Bag Service installer arrives.

P.S. I don't work for them. Nissan gave me such a run-around when I wanted the switch installed that I looked elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I dunno. They had a shop about 30 miles from my house. Just call them and ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard, tanks for the info I have the key switch and the knowledge to do the install and goverment formula but what I realy need is the connection info if you can supply I am in Canada.
Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a nice report by the Canadian governement on airbag deactivation: http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/air_bag_dea...lish/eindex.htm

I have decided not to deactivate the passenger bags, even though I have a 7 year old who would ride short distances with me. What I'm understanding is that for an older child who can be trusted to sit back in the middle of the seat... it's safer with the bags in place. JMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts