Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when passengers release the seat belt that it snaps back with an excesive amount of force, one of my buddy's actually commented about it the first time he went for a ride. Anyways the other day I look over and noticed a tear in the passenger door fabric, WTF. The tear is about 1/2" long and its where the seatbelt buckle would come in contact with the door if allowed to snap back.

Anyone have this problem? I'll post a pic next time I get my hands on a digi camera

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
definitely something ive thought about, but its never happened.....

i think bcoz the 05 have the extended seat belt handle

i do boot the lower door getting out sometimes - combination of heavy door/awkard door grip and trying not to push down on the seat bolster

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
In the 03's there is a little clip/guide just below the bpillar in the cockpit on both sides, pass and drivers. Do you have one? this prevents the belt from snapping back. are you sure that the seatbelt is the cause of this? Do the doors have fabric on them????? :dunno: All the ones i've seen are plastic, or are yours custom???????

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just took a look in the car, I dont think that the clip would help prevent the buckle from whipping backward like it does, the clip can only be used when there is no one using the belt.

Yeah my doors are the stock plastic, but its like a thin fabric. Which I did not know until after it tore :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts