Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a replacement for the yellowish parking light that would make it whiter and possibly brighter. I believe this would also brighten up the HID's and I just wanted to see what was available. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
all you would have to do is buy some aftermarket bulbs and i think you can find the size of the bulbs in the PDF manual. do u have a copy?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't. I need to get one.

Do you know of any good brand that will give me a bright, white light instead of blue? I was thinking maybe Sylvania, but has anyone else had a really good experience with a specific aftermarket bulb?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 1 2004, 08:19 AM
No, I don't. I need to get one.

Do you know of any good brand that will give me a bright, white light instead of blue? I was thinking maybe Sylvania, but has anyone else had a really good experience with a specific aftermarket bulb?

OK, first off, do not buy a conventional bulb. You won't ever wanna take the bulb out to replace it ever again, its that much of a PITA to install.

PIAA makes a twin-LED wedge bulb, that will NEVER burn out. It is more lazer - bright than flood bright (meaning it focusus more energy in a specific direction, rather than smoothing it out over the entire headlight like stock)

They aren't too costly either, but I've had mine in two cars already (yes, the same bulbs) over the span of about 3 years. Both runnin strong :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For reference, which bulb are you refering to Jetpilot? I was looking on their website, but it would help if I knew exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 1 2004, 10:24 AM
For reference, which bulb are you refering to Jetpilot? I was looking on their website, but it would help if I knew exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!

Gimme a sec, I'll look it up for ya. Again, I bought em like 3 years ago.. I'm pretty sure any local speed shop will have em or their equivalent.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are those the correct bulbs for the car? I don't have the manual with me, and I want to order them.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There sure are a lot of LED's on that page Dave...which one did you get?

I'm also looking to replace the lights in the cabin with l.e.d. lights to make them whiter. Any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I got the white 6 LED one, 9th from the bottom

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah they are very bright. Cant go wrong for the price

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Are we talking about teh parking light that is underneath the stock amber strip in the headlight? or the reverse lights? Or the angled "fog" lights in teh headlights? Im lost as to which lights you are trying to replace.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
350Z Bulb Sizes

Low Beam Headlamp
Part # = H7

Part # = HID-D2R

With HID (high intensity discharge) Headlamps

High Beam Headlamp
Part# = H1-55W

With replaceable Halogen capsules
Upgrade part # = H1ST

Part # = H7

With HID (high intensity discharge) Headlamps
Part # = H7ST

Turn Signal (front & rear)
Part # = 7440

Parking Light
Part # = 168

Tail Light
Part # = 7443

Stop Light
Part # = 7443

License plate
Part # = 168

Back Up light
Part # = 7440

Front sidemarker
Part # = 168

Rear sidemarker
Part # = 168

Map light
Part # = DE3175

Trunk/Cargo area
Part # = 168

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

All you need to do is remove the inner fenderwells and all the lights are accessible through there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts