Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...discussing the 2012 presidential election.

Sarah Palin Plots Her Next Move - Newsweek

I guess Newsweeks sales are in the ditch. Palin is not going to give up her high paying job with FOX unless her accountants convice her she can come out ahead after a failed run at the presidency.

Palin has also become conversant on the subject of quantitative easing, the inflationary effects of which she illustrated with a personal anecdote. “I was ticked off at Todd yesterday,” she said. “He walks into a gas station as we’re driving over from Minnesota. He buys a Slim Jim—we’re always eating that jerky stuff—for $2.69. I said, ‘Todd, those used to be 99 cents, just recently!’ And he says, ‘Man, the dollar’s worth nothing anymore.' A jug of milk and a loaf of bread and a dozen eggs—every time I walk into that grocery store, a couple of pennies more...”
anybody in GA can tell ya that a foot long slim jim purchased at a gas station is gonna cost you 2 or 3 bucks...."conversant on quantitative easing" my butt.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spill a little ugly on her and she'd be gazing in the direction of russia from the deck of a trawler

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Who gives a ****? Seriously, I'm so tired of this ****. The only people who care about Palin anymore are liberals who use her as a punching bag. She's never going to go away if stupid liberals keep giving her attention and keep helping her make money.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
:werd: Aren't her 15 minutes up YET?

·
4,328 Posts
Who gives a ****? Seriously, I'm so tired of this ****. The only people who care about Palin anymore are liberals who use her as a punching bag. She's never going to go away if stupid liberals keep giving her attention and keep helping her make money.
I agree in part with what you're saying. But it would be hard for liberals to mock and ridicule a ghost. She continues to insert herself into the public discourse, and seek publicity at every turn. It's not like she's just been chilling in Alaska minding her own.

-Ronin Z

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I suspect it's more that she likes the limelight, and when she has it, shoves her foot in her mouth. Due to that, the media (maybe because it's liberal leaning) enjoys covering her.

And then there's a small contingency, that apparently thinks she'd make a great leader.

~Pat

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pat, Sara Palin serves a similar function in her party as does Jesse Jackson for the Dems. Like Palin, Jackson is an attention *****, ran for the presidential nomination of his party, and uses political connections to make himself considerable wealth.

Outside of their core followers, support for either of them falls to zero and neither is electable. But, those blocks of followers number into the millions. Jackson’s admirers include disenfranchised inner-city youth and grumpy old black men. These are categories of people who rarely bother to cast a vote, Jackson has convinced his party that he owns these voters and can motivate them to get out to the polls. In a State with a tight race this can be valuable.

Palin is taking a lot of clues from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al. in how to permanently infuse herself into the power fabric of her party. I doubt you’ll see the end of her anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I agree in part with what you're saying. But it would be hard for liberals to mock and ridicule a ghost. She continues to insert herself into the public discourse, and seek publicity at every turn. It's not like she's just been chilling in Alaska minding her own.

-Ronin Z
That's the thing. Libs keep giving her attention and helping her make money. Why would you go hide out in Alaska when millions of libs with their panties all in a bunch are making you rich? If libs stopped helping her stay in the limelight and get rich, she'd be out.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
What I was trying to say is that there has to be a market and a venue for what she is selling and I think, in large part, it is liberals that so vehemently hate her that keep giving it to her. Sure, she has her fringe followers in her party but without the ridiculous amounts of negative attention from liberals, she wouldn't be in the limelight. It's like Jennifer said, she is an attention ***** and it's liberals that give her most of it these days. Sure, it's negative attention but it makes her stacks of money.

Think about it. Why is she constantly in the news? She is totally useless. She doesn't hold public office, she doesn't run a company, she doesn't have any qualifications for anything. Without the massive liberal hatred for her, there is nothing keeping her in the spotlight. The few million crazies that think she's useful in politics would still support her but she wouldn't get near the press she gets now.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
She's popular because everyone who gives a **** is reading and watching everything the media has to say about her and everyone else in the limelight. People are addicted to gossip these days, and no one wants to miss out on the next big piece of 'news.'

Apparently, her taste in food is pretty crappy. Slim Jim's and jerky all the time? That's chock full of sugars and other unhealthy crap. Home made jerky is much better.

I live in MN and didn't even notice her presence here. When did that happen?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the thing. Libs keep giving her attention and helping her make money. Why would you go hide out in Alaska when millions of libs with their panties all in a bunch are making you rich? If libs stopped helping her stay in the limelight and get rich, she'd be out.
What I was trying to say is that there has to be a market and a venue for what she is selling and I think, in large part, it is liberals that so vehemently hate her that keep giving it to her. Sure, she has her fringe followers in her party but without the ridiculous amounts of negative attention from liberals, she wouldn't be in the limelight. It's like Jennifer said, she is an attention ***** and it's liberals that give her most of it these days. Sure, it's negative attention but it makes her stacks of money.

Think about it. Why is she constantly in the news? She is totally useless. She doesn't hold public office, she doesn't run a company, she doesn't have any qualifications for anything. Without the massive liberal hatred for her, there is nothing keeping her in the spotlight. The few million crazies that think she's useful in politics would still support her but she wouldn't get near the press she gets now.
I knew it. You're one of those centrist moderates. :)

Watch video.

Sarah Palin On Debt Ceiling: It's 'Not Time To Retreat, It's Time To Reload' (VIDEO)

During an appearance on Fox News' "Hannity" on Wednesday night, Sarah Palin sent a strong message to Republicans on the issue of raising the nation's deficit limit.

"We cannot default, but we cannot afford to retreat right now either," the former Alaska governor said. "Now is not time to retreat, it's time to reload."
She has entertainment value for FOX so they provide a soapbox and a salary. It's interesting to watch FOX question her about economic policy as if she were some wise old sage.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I am a conservative and like most conservatives, I am tired of her. She doesn't represent the majority of conservatives and she makes conservatives look bad. On this issue, I am not shy about blaming liberals for keeping her in the spotlight with their hatred.

·
4,328 Posts
I am a conservative and like most conservatives, I am tired of her. She doesn't represent the majority of conservatives and she makes conservatives look bad. On this issue, I am not shy about blaming liberals for keeping her in the spotlight with their hatred.
I wouldn't quite say that... You may be a conservative, but I don't think you have license to speak for most conservatives. There are a whole bunch of people on the conservative side of the fence that absolutely worship her. Liberals aren't buying her books. Liberals aren't lining up in droves at her public appearances. Liberals are not watching her on Fox News. Liberals aren't paying her exorbitant speaking fees. That's your fellow conservatives doing that.

Oh, and BTW...
Sarah Palin Evokes Strong Emotions Among Republicans

-RZ

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I wouldn't quite say that... You may be a conservative, but I don't think you have license to speak for most conservatives. There are a whole bunch of people on the conservative side of the fence that absolutely worship her. Liberals aren't buying her books. Liberals aren't lining up in droves at her public appearances. Liberals are not watching her on Fox News. Liberals aren't paying her exorbitant speaking fees. That's your fellow conservatives doing that.

Oh, and BTW...

-RZ
Her 25% strongly favorable rating is the highest of any candidate tested
Big difference between a Republican and a Conservative IMO. If you don't think that Liberals need find something better to do with their time than hate on Palin, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe they could find something constructive to do? In addition, part of her popularity with some Republicans is that liberals get all bent out of shape at the mere mention of her name. That's the only thing that was ever good about her but now it's just aggravating.

·
4,328 Posts
Big difference between a Republican and a Conservative IMO.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the line of reasoning. It boils down to a person doing conservative things, and succeeding, gets to call themselves "Conservative". A person doing equally conservative things but failing gets called a "Republican".

-RZ

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Speaking of generalizations, jdrm350 you must be a rare sight in your part of the country being conservative. :p

You know it's really all the same though, there are as many haters on the other side of the fence who can't leave Obama and others alone. I think it's all an absolutely worthless waste of time, but it's people we are talking about so it's kinda a given deal.

But then again yeah, Palin is just a person without much real authority or power over anything at all other than the power to make her followers laugh or point fingers or so. At least when you got a guy ruling over a country more or less it makes the criticisms seem a tiny bit more worthwhile :\ (half said in sarcasm)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Speaking of generalizations, jdrm350 you must be a rare sight in your part of the country being conservative. :p

You know it's really all the same though, there are as many haters on the other side of the fence who can't leave Obama and others alone. I think it's all an absolutely worthless waste of time, but it's people we are talking about so it's kinda a given deal.

But then again yeah, Palin is just a person without much real authority or power over anything at all other than the power to make her followers laugh or point fingers or so. At least when you got a guy ruling over a country more or less it makes the criticisms seem a tiny bit more worthwhile :\ (half said in sarcasm)
Orange County is more conservative than the rest of California but you are correct. There aren't many conservatives in CA. I'm a transplant so maybe that plays a role.

I agree with you on it being a colossal waste of time, that was kind of my original point.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NSFW language

Maher cracks me up.

And no, this lone video doesn't prove anyones point. There are volumes of other media available promoting the conservative fascination with Sarahs alpha-female posturing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts