Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you guys go about painting the Popcharger heat shield black or silver?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I spray painted mine with at least 5 coats. I think you can spray on clearcoat also to give it that shiny look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 3 2005, 09:22 AM
I spray painted mine with at least 5 coats.  I think you can spray on clearcoat also to give it that shiny look.
[snapback]125976[/snapback]​

any pics?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sanded it down and did about 3 coats of silver engine paint and then 3 coats of clear coat. Sanded in between the coats as well. Turned out pretty good.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
You gotta do your battery/brake covers next. They are pretty easy to do. I even did all my fluid caps in the same silver until I bought the billet ones from ZeeToyz

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I got the caps from Zeetoyz. I should probably take a pic and post it (tomorrow). As for the battery covers, I'm still debating if I want to go that route. I've got ideas on designs or patterns floating around on how I want them to look.

Aw, what the heck. Here's the before pic:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I figured if I really screwed them up, who cares, they are only 6 bucks to replace.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking about a flat black. Do you think a heat resistant flat black would work better cooling the air charge or will a normal flat black do it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts