Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I just did mine this past week and wanted to put an offer out to everyone else. If you'll notice, I painted the strip also. I "dusted" it with some aluminum looking paint that allows the light to subtly pass through at night. (I'll take pictures once it gets dark here to show).

How's $250 sound? (you pay to ship them to me...I'll handle the shipping charges back...I'm not sure how much shipping is at the moment). I would need at least 2 days to work on them, and then the journey through UPS/FedEx/DHL would also need to be considered for down-time.

I can color-match your car, or do whatever color you'd like. I'm using Glasurit 55 Automotive paint, so I can do any color you'd like.

Also, I can paint anything else you'd like as well. (interior parts, engine covers, battery/brake fluid covers, etc...)

For the headlights, I don't put them in the oven. I use a heat-lamp to heat the whole thing up with dry heat from the inside->out. It's a lot safer and does an excellent job.

Let me know what you think :biggrin:

(I've got 6 pics to post so gimmie a sec)

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah...I can paint your Amber bulbs chrome also (mine are done in the pics too). They'll still flash amber, but appear to be chrome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
NICE JOB!!! One of the few things that bothered me about the Z was the excessive chrome in the headlamps. You solved it while still keeping the maximum function(lighting the road) Thanks for the pics. Where are you located? :clap:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Those look pretty nice. I'd say you can just replace the bulb with one of the chrome ones from the store easier than painting. Looks pretty sweet though. Not sure about colors in there but black looks good.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/quote]

Thanks Beer!

Yeah, I was gonna get the chrome bulbs. The paint I've got is resistant to high heat though, so I just threw it on there. Saved $$ on the bulbs...I guess. Paint was pretty expensive though... :doh: ($225 pint). I did the lettering on my battery/brake fluid covers and engine cover in it. It looks pretty good. Has a bit more shine than regular silver metallic paint.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/quote]

LOL...yeah, that's quite a bit of beer. :cheers:

I'm actually doing other things with the paint too, so it wasn't a complete waste.
:drink2:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
very nice, that's exactly what I want done, except i dont have HIDs (yet)

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Those look nothing short of amazing. I want them now.

I'll think about doing this, but first I would like to hear your review on how it affected light output and night visibility before I take this huge step.

·
Registered
162 Posts
well does the painting affect nighttime light visibilty>?

·
Registered
38 Posts
certainly looks sweet on black. I wonder what you would do with a CS though. It already somewhat matches. I would definitely be interested in seeing beer do this. ahahha Or anyone else with a CS

1 - 20 of 112 Posts