1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was looking at the same one but painted DB

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can paint CF with no problem, but why not get one that's aluminum? It's going to be about 2-3 lbs lighter for carbon fiber, but that's not going to make a difference anyway. You're going to end up spending hundreds of dollars more if you get it in CF.

Is there not one made in another material?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure :dunno: I always see them in the CF. I guess I will have to look through my phonebook of Z web site's to see if they make them in aluminum. I think this one in CF runs about $700. Which isn't to bad. If it would be better to go with the CF hood then the aluminum one then I'd rather do that but only if it can be painted.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
chazzg has that hood and painted it DB on his car and ot looks great. i would suggst PM'ing him or maybe he will respond to the thread

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Where did you find that hood or what style is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That hood is actually made by Seibon. You can check them and quite a few others out at HopUp Racing & Intense Motorsports. Look under the Aerodynamics/Exterior section. Seibon seems to be the lesser cost of the manufacturers that make the Carbon Fiber hoods. Also I believe that when you have a Carbon Fiber painted you have to sand down the finish to get the paint to adhere to it. I can't remember if there is anything else needed to prep for paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by ssgtbarclay@Dec 16 2004, 11:24 AM
Do either of these site's have the Aluminum hood with the same design or does it even come in Aluminum?

Looking at Hopup Racing it looks like Veilside makes both a Carbon Fiber Version 2 and 3 hood, as well as, an Aluminum (not sure) Version 2 and 3 hood. The prices don't look to bad either. They are in the 7 to 8 hundred dollar range. Hope this helps SSgt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah I just did a little more research and found it is Fiberglass. I guess the Carbon Fiber is the better way to go. I will keep my eye out for anything aluminum for you. Sorry for the misinfo.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had my Stillen Carbon Fiber Hood painted in the Early Spring , no problem at all also had it done underneath the hood as well to make it a finished product.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by zeetoyz@Dec 17 2004, 07:19 AM
I had my  Stillen Carbon Fiber Hood painted in the Early Spring , no problem at all  also had it done underneath the hood as well to make it a finished product.

paint holding up good? got any pics

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet now that's what I'm wanting to hear. I realy like that CF hood but I would rather have it painted the same as the car instead of having it CF on a white car. Can we get a PIC pumpedva?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if this hood will fit on a 350 equipped with a ATI Procharger. I really love this hood but am not sure if it will fit with the procharger. If not does anyone know of any other CF louvered / vented hood that will?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts