Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just down at the dealers to pick up my Black 350. It was on the sunlight so you can notice 1 or two minor hairline scratche. Well i was prepared for this when i choose black, but they then offered me a paint protection system that is approved by NISSAN. The sustem is called MAG 1 and is not cheap i managed to negotiante down to $1650.

BUT and a big BUT they 100% GUARANTEE it for 6 years, NO Water Marks, Always 100% glos, No HairLine soft scratchess, and 100& UV protection. And for next 6 years no waxing, just hose down the car and use their special shampo you will be given to remove "bird sh**" bugs, Tree sap and so on.

I saw a Nissan patrol in Black with that stuf and it looked amazing. I have appointment mid week and all inform you all about results.

PS: They tried to offer me a "package" with undercoating and leather protection for $3000 but i kindly declined.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Man $1650.00 is alot of polish! I really hope it actually works?
Personally I regard those 'paint protection' packages a scam, but I hope for yoursakes it works.
My father in law had his Falcon done a few years back & it probably did make a difference for a year or so (maybe more in his head then actually on the paint) & now his paint is actually peeling in certain places
maybe due to the lack of maintenance because he thought that his 'wonder coated paint' didn't need anything but a wash every now and again.
For yoursake I hope it works?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they ofer 100% AS NEW guarantee for 6 years (if it works half that ill be happy) and its trough my Dealer. So if anything goes wrong there will be **** to PAY , because i got them to sign me all those promises in writing

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
DJ777 - when I bought my car, I negotiated that Nissan include a $2,500 paint / leather and rust protection package. The paint protection alone was worth about $1,600. Got it thrown into the deal for free.

Anyhow, I found out later that the $1,600 paint protection was just an application of Finish Renewer (removes very light scrathes) cost about $20.
So my Z went without any wax for about 10 months. It was then that I found out that I did not get the more expensive paint protection package that was warranted for 3 or 4 years (Mofo's ripped me off but try proving it to the dealer - my word against his). Anyhow, I just don't trust any paint protection package to last any number of years, especially 6 years without any regular maintanence. I really don't believe that there is any substitute for elbow grease.

As the saying goes - if it sounds too good to be true, then its not true.

If you're happy to hand over a big wad of cash to avoid 20hours per annum of elbow grease and are satisfied that your Z will be protected, then by all means purchase the product. I just hope that you have a reasonable recourse in 6 years time as the Nissan paint is really crap and it will deteriorate in that time, especially compared to say a Lexus or Merc paint job which will look good in 6 years time even without any regular care asside from washing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hhehe no this is actualy Glassplexin® application in three layers. I did some research in advance about Glassplexin® and this stuf comes standard on Bentlys R.Rs and other expensive brands. And also i have no intention to "neglect" my Z, im still gona be there every month with Carudba wax and my little towles pampering my Z. Because i actualy like doing it. Only reason i coughed up grand and a half for that protection system is because black paint so sensetive and i want maximum glos for next few years.

As i said i got writen guarante that paint will be as new for nex 5-6 years. In fact every 6 months they will send guy to my home to check my paint and see if its "as primised". That said il still let them know that im wrong person to screw around, my family is full of lawyers and i own number of Firearms with bumpersticker that tells it to the world.

:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is one of the oldests scams around, there are different products etc. Some say they have teflon to protect. The thing is, none of them work, it has been beaten to death on car detailing boards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's just their fancy name for wax. If you read the fine print, you must apply their "finish renewer" every 6 months (sound familiar?). It's simply a filler/cleaner wax. It fills the small scratches, abrades away any other fine ones and residue from bird **** and other environmental pollutants. The will not insure your car against scratches, chips, or anything else related to it because it could have come from rocks, road debris, keys, or anything else out of their control. Sorry, but that's how they work (like their fabric protection which is no more than scotch guard). Hope yours turns out differently, but I'm betting the first time you try to get something out of the dealer they will balk.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive made few calls and found out the stuf they are planing to put on my car on wed, is actualy MINGS paint guard. I did bit of search on web and found nothing but criticism of that stuff. Herego tomorow im gona call in and cancel my appointment. Then go down to shops and get entire Megure range.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Yeh man. Get your money back. You got ripped.

You would be better off spending your money taking it to a detailer twice a year for 10 years at that price.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The "paint protection" is the modern dealer's way of making a profit since everyone's cottoned on to the fact that the "dealer delivery" charge is the world's most expensive car wash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The update.

Well the guy who actualy sold me that crap is one doing financial papers at my dealer. He is also as it turns out half owner of local "MINGs" provider. "God did they sucker me in, i feal like Jackarse". Anyway i called this mourning and he at frist ofered to futher drop the price to $1000, apparently they had the " weekend specials and he could extend one to me", thats actualy when i relised how much of a jackarse I was. Well i said "Look i would not put it on if you paid me $1000", and then the most unbelivable thing happend... he said well you will loose a grand and he hung up on me. SOB.

In my family we have 4 Nissans, 2 350s, pulsar and Maxima... all bough from same dealer. So i called manager who sold me all te cars (up till now i was happy with service) and said simply if he does not lean on the guy i will not only make complaint to NISSAN AU, but with ACCC and he will loose service on all 4 cars as i will service elsewhere. The response was ofcourse "ill see what i can do". Well its been few hours and am still waiting on the call. Ill let you know what happend.

PS: You'd think when you spend $150 000 , on NISSANs of all cars that they would treat you with some respect, just goes to show true nature of some of those dealers, bloody leaches.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hopefully you can get your money back. We were all trying to tell you the stuff was a scam without trying to insult you!
If you have problems maybe we can all come down and 'help' the guy give you your cash back. A mob of angry 350 zed owners would not look good to all the customers in the dealership!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"A mob of angry 350 zed owners would not look good to all the customers in the dealership!!! " :thumbsup:

Its good to be in a comunity, and i was not insulted. Id like to thank every1 for giving me enoguh of a doubt to actualy move my lazy but and do some research on this scam. :)

But hopefully it wont be needed. As i said me and my bro have 350z and there are two More NISSANs in family all from the same dealer, i think to loss of service money will be enough to make them see the light. I mean its not like im askim for money back because im not happy with product, (imagine that process), all I did is cancel an appointmet some 24 hours in advance. Still they are giving me trouble with refund. Im still waiting for call back. If i dont hear from them in about one more hour, im going down to store to have face to face chat.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry to hear the way you are being treated. It's typical of Nissan Australia.

They have a gutter dealership mentality.

·
Registered
235 Posts
DJ777 - they can't charge you for something not supplied, given that they did not incur any costs between the time that you ordered and subsequently cancelled.

Consumer's Tribunal would make very short work of them.

Sounds like a dealership where NOT to do business.

Buggered if they would EVER see me again.

BTW - you'll get a questionnaire from Nisshit - vent there, but you should get on to Nissan immediately anyway.

Bloody dealers need to learn a bit of respect.

Who WAS the dealer?

FRIZZLE

THE DEALER:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update

They did not call so i went down there and made a bit of a scene. Thats exactly what i said "how can you charge for a job you did not preform, i mean ive made my cancelation 30+ hours in before car was due in, it not like i did it on a sam day".
Well push to shaw and looks like I will get full refund tomorrow, because when i went there it was late and "finnancial department" was closed ,,,, I bet they would open it if i owed them a grand and half. But i agreed to return tomorrow early in a day, and if they try anything this time then its war, lawyers ACCC official complaint to NISSAN, and i even have a budy in chanal 9, i minght get A Curent Afair on their back.
I mean am i realy asking for something so unreasonable, not to be charged for job they have not done???

·
Registered
288 Posts
DJ777

When you get your hard earned cash back and you will by the sounds of it do your self a favour and get the best car finish in the world, Zaino made by the Zanio Bros in the US. I've used it for the last two years come this Jan and boy is it dam good, there are a few guys on the Aussie forum that are using it and they all swear by it. It easy to applied and has a very high gloss, would look stunning on a Black Zed.

Merry Christmas All. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
DJ - I'm glad that you cancelled.

My paint protection was also by Ming's and like I said before - it did nothing.

Like the other guys said - go spend a few hundred bucks on Zaino / Meguires / Mothers or other reputable manufacturer of paint enhancement products and you're still $1K in front - spend on mods instead.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"spend on mods instead" :thumbsup: :bump: :bump:

Exactly. I mean at the end its not all about $$, ive lost more than that on a Melbourne cup, there is the principle as well, i dont go to work every F*** day so that dealer can leach of me. I think they made good enough profits when me and my bro, got Two Zs in one go.
Like I said its not an incredible amount of money, but then again its enough for me to buy years worth of Meguire/Mother/Autoglym/Zaino full range of products and still have change left to put a new tyre on four corners. And with Zs reputation ill be needing those new tyres :) :bump:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts