Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 350Z from an individual. She was the second owner. The car only had 6300 miles and is in excellent condition. I noticed that all the wheels have a blue dot of paint on them about a 1/4" in size. The paint looks like it is some kind of very hard enamel paint, almost like a fingernail polish, that will be difficult to get off. Would this paint be some kind of marker on the wheel? Has anyone seen this before?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Are they stock wheels or aftermarket? I know new tires have a colored dot on them, but I have never heard of wheels with that on. Is it a perfect dot/circle?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I had that on my wheels when I got my new Z. I can't remember what they do it for. It comes off if you rub it hard enough.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the blue dot is PROBABLY put on at the factory to signify that the wheels have been properly torqued..........a quality control step. It should come off fairly easily. The dealer should have removed it as part of their delivery prep.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by fanatic1@Aug 29 2005, 10:05 AM
the blue dot is PROBABLY put on at the factory to signify that the wheels have been properly torqued..........a quality control step.  It should come off fairly easily.  The dealer should have removed it as part of their delivery prep.
[snapback]150277[/snapback]​

This is correct. I can't believe the first owner never took it off......what is that the new :bling: ? :rolf2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts