Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Paint chips :(

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jetpilot718 
#1 ·
Well after a spirited run in twisty roads i came home to find 2 chips on hte bonnet :(

Have read this is commen on 350's but is there anything to actually prevent it....without covering it up with a bra or anything like that :( Cause how would ppl see my glittery paint then lol

#2 ·
Nicecar - get use to the paint chips. I have a couple on by bonnet, but my bumper bar is quite marked.
There is nothing that you can do to prevent the chips if you're not interested in a bra. You'll just have to repaint it as some others have done, when you decide the chips are too gruesome to look at.

#4 ·
the Nissan paint is extremely thin so it does chip easy

ive had my bonnet and front bumper repainted already within 5 months of ownership, and even though the paint was put on very very thick, i still get stone chips on the lower bonnet area.....its just the design of the sloping bonnet and the low ride height puts that area in prime position for rock chips

#6 ·
firstly, ill admit to paying way above normal, but ive always used premium bodyshops

the bumper cost me $600, the bonnet was $980

you could prob do it for half that depending on where you go and how fussy you are

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.