Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy WOW!!!
Seems this car has been out in Europe for a while but was never introduced into American markets b/c they had to meet some saftey standards or something like that. I want one!!!!
This thing has a CF body!!! And the CF detail inside is incredible too! MINE MINE MINE

Pagani Zonda Link

Roadster

^^Look at that CF on the seats!!!

Coupe (should it be called a coupe or a rocket??? LOL)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pagani Zonda S 7.3 is equipped with a Mercedes-AMG, 7.3 liter, 12 cylinder engine with 555 HP (408 kW) and 750 Nm torque at 4050 RPM. This engine is engineered and built with craftsmanship, satisfying the highest technological standards.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yea, the Zonda has been out for a while. You can have one in the US, but you have to register it under Show & Display (limited to 2,500 miles a year)[same way to register a Mercedes CLK GTR and McLaren F1]. Wyclef Jean has one in Miami, too. The roaster just came out though and first one is yellow and belongs to some German guy.

Btw, each owner gets a pair of custom made suede driving shoes made by Pagani's own shoemaker. Badass...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Another amazing car that I'll never have...

Personally, I think they're a little too 'hey look at me!'. Don't get me wrong I'd take one in a second if I had the money, but I'd still rather have a Carrera GT.

And that 'Show & Display' clause? No way in **** I'd ever buy a car that exotic if I could only put 2500 miles on it in a year. That's just not fair!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Anything from Italy is hot!

Now I have to go clean myself. Thanks, Jinxxy.

Those lines are as sexy if not more so than some Z babes...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 5 2004, 03:25 PM
Now I have to go clean myself.  Thanks, Jinxxy. 

LOL I only had to wring out my panties! hahahahahaha *sorry for the crudeness but it seemed fitting*

I was just blown away by this "new car that I had never heard of". Apparently the younguns play this car on some sort of racing game, but of course I can only play games like pong, breakout, asteroids, (j/K actually the last game that we bought for the Play Station (yes, PS not PS2) was holy moley I forget the name of it....Crash Bandicoot!!!! That's the one I don't play ADVANCED games so I never heard of the car before...

I think I could very easily get used to those mirrors, and could find out how to get around the 2500 a year mark, but the magazine Doug bought (it's published w/ filthy rich in mind, not us) said they are going to be released in the US for the filthy rich to buy, and did not mention the above stipulation....I think if I had to sit on a phone book to drive it I would! LOL

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yeah you can get this game in Gran Tourismo 3, and Gran Tourismo 4 as well I assume.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
NSX on crack! When do the afterburners kick in?!?

No Autobahn & <2500 mi/yr?......Pfui!

At least you can drive/afford/insure the Lingenfelter 'vette....h3ll, maybe even a pair of vettes. That's got to co$t!

Still, I'm glad to see designers 'pushing the envelope', as Chuck Yeager would say.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm bored, so I thought I'd add to my fantasies...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
who needs the mirrors - everyone would just try to keep up!

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Beautiful car. Though, as long as we're dreaming with money we don't have (and to be fair, this is splitting hairs), I'd much rather have this...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
cost = roughly the same as the Zonda.
Koenigsegg has more HP, but Zonda has more TQ
0-60 times... Koenigsegg is slightly faster (reported 3.2 vs 3.4)
0-100... equal
top speed... I think the Koenigsegg has this one, too. Top speed supposedly is 240mph. Could not find top speed figure for Zonda other than 200+mph

mcduck now accepting donations to acquire the official ZDayZ Koenigsegg CCR. All contributors will get ride time proportional to their contributions. :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
mcduck....you beat me to it.

that english guy that does the rich and famous (i think) did a side by side comparison with both of these cars.

the koenigsegg won all of the tests.

it's one small car...it literally came up to the guys crotch!

i'd take that over the zonda.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by djkern@Dec 30 2004, 11:57 AM
that english guy that does the rich and famous (i think) did a side by side comparison with both of these cars.

Bahaha, I think you mean Jeremy Clarkson.. he's a test driver for top gear - nothin to do with rich and the famous lol

The koenigsegg beat the Zonda on the test course, with somethin like 1 min. 22 seconds. 0-60 in 3 seconds flat, and 245mph top speed. They tested it to be faster on their top speed track than the Zonda (not much faster tho)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts