Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been looking everywhere for an answer but have had no luck. I've read everywhere that the ROEM-NIS2 is only compatible with Bose systems up to 2005. I have an 06 with Bose and wondering if it can be used or what the differences are between the earlier model bose connectors and mine.......

Thanks!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could anyone explain to me in electronic or audio terms what the PAC ROEM interface is designed to do ? I scrolled through numerous articles here and have yet to come across information on what it does. The PAC website is also very vague.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (evse82 @ Jun 19 2008, 06:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538289
Hi Guys,

I've been looking everywhere for an answer but have had no luck. I've read everywhere that the ROEM-NIS2 is only compatible with Bose systems up to 2005. I have an 06 with Bose and wondering if it can be used or what the differences are between the earlier model bose connectors and mine.......

Thanks!!

i have 2006 nissan 350z and i install the Roem-Nis2 and i have no problem with it, and there was no change of wiring color that i notice.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
QUOTE (vifer @ May 15 2009, 11:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=575797
Could anyone explain to me in electronic or audio terms what the PAC ROEM interface is designed to do ? I scrolled through numerous articles here and have yet to come across information on what it does. The PAC website is also very vague.

thanks

simple, this device allows you to change out the factory head unit and keep the use of the amplifier. this is useful for those cars that have the bose system since the speakers are powered through the amplifier. on a non-bose system, it is a waste since it is not needed at all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (Steve350Z @ May 21 2009, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=576247
simple, this device allows you to change out the factory head unit and keep the use of the amplifier. this is useful for those cars that have the bose system since the speakers are powered through the amplifier. on a non-bose system, it is a waste since it is not needed at all.
oh. not quite the answer i was looking for. Is it an active impedance box? Is it a line level booster or attenuator?

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
ah. i found this i hope it helps a bit

The OEM-1 interface is transformer isolated, maintains phase and is linear from 20 to 20,000 Hz. The input connectors plug into the aftermarket stereo and vehicle harness. Just like the factory stereo system, the warning chimes will play through the front left RCA output of the interface. Also, turning on the rear entertainment controls, if so equipped, will make the rear outputs of the interface play a second audio source.

The OEM-1 also gives you 2:1 gain as well as infinite attenuation. This allows signal adjustment to the correct level between the factory system and what is being added or changed. All four channels are individually adjusted for accurate sound levels. Each channel completely isolates the aftermarket equipment from the factory system to give 100% compatibility in every installation.

Features:

"plug and play" solution - no need to cut wires
Signal ground is also isolated to avoid ground loops
Linear from 20-20,000 Hz (+/- 0.5dB)
Maintains correct phase

E

·
0 Posts
PAC Roem-nis2

Does anyone know if pac Roem-nis2 will work on 2008 with Bose? Thanks for any info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts