Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and did donuts in my buddies backyard and it was fine and parked it right after but later that night when I went to my car to go home, I was having trouble because my car would lose gear or like not catch gear and just have trouble driving. The next morning when I got in, it ran fine, but it’s been kind of like stalling or kind of feels like slipping when I’m driving the RPMs will jump. Please help.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s an automatic and I’ve had for a year and has 170,000
Welcome- but I had a difficult time reading your first post. Is your Z an automatic or a manual? How many miles are on it and when was the tranny last serviced?
Welcome- but I had a difficult time reading your first post. Is your Z an automatic or a manual? How many miles are on it and when was the tranny last serviced?

· Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
It’s an automatic and I’ve had for a year and has 170,000
OK, so you've got the 5AT, but when was it last serviced? While I've never owned a Z33 automatic, it seems you have two separate problems, as the P1564 code is related to CC, while the P1759 and P1769 codes are directly related to your tranny symptoms. Do you have any significant mechanical skills, experience and tools to work on these type of problems?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so you've got the 5AT, but when was it last serviced? While I've never owned a Z33 automatic, it seems you have two separate problems, as the P1564 code is related to CC, while the P1759 and P1769 codes are directly related to your tranny symptoms. Do you have any significant mechanical skills, experience and tools to work on these type of problems?
Yes I got a shop in my backyard and yesterday I changed the filter and nothing changed

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I got a shop in my backyard and yesterday I changed the filter and nothing changed
And I don’t know the last time it was serviced and I’m only really worried about the trans problem
Beyond changing the filter, when was the tranny fluid last changed? Also, are you experienced in diagnosing and repairing electronic faults with an automatic tranny?

I don’t know when it was last changed.. I know I changed it yesterday but other then that I don’t know

· Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
If you're not experienced in diagnosing and repairing electronic faults with automatic trannys, I suggest you source a good local tranny shop, or Nissan tech to take it on. While it may only be a minor electronic fault, this isn't a DIY project for most people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts