Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 350z start missfiring with a p0300 and a 305 i took my car to the nissan dealership they switch the coil packs 3 and 5 and now its worst the miss fire and it only has a p0300, anyways they said that it was the cats i replace both cats and it still missfiring with the same code and it actually shuts off since they diagnost the cars and switch the coil packs, can anybody have any idea because this F is annoying

·
Registered
40 Posts
Was any work done prior to the misfire? Plugs, harness removed/moved around? When you say they "switched" the ignition coils, did they replace them or switch them between 3 and 5? Most misfires resulting in a P030x code can be traced to these components. Reason I asked if anything was done is it is easy to cross the rear cylinder plug (harness plugs, not the spark plugs).

If they did NOT replace the coils and just moved them between the cylinders to determine if the P0305 code would go away and switch to a P0303 (which would pinpoint that coil), it's very possible the ignition coil is still bad (the one that was originally in cylinder 5) but is now throwing a generic P0300 code. This happened to me at one time. I swapped all six coils out with fresh plugs and NPF since. Good maintenance item anyways. Good luck

On that note, I know that a set of OE coils isn't cheap but.... I found a brand new, full set of OE ignition coils on eBay for <$100. Maybe I just got lucky but a full set of six for less than one new one? Look for the deal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was any work done prior to the misfire? Plugs, harness removed/moved around? When you say they "switched" the ignition coils, did they replace them or switch them between 3 and 5? Most misfires resulting in a P030x code can be traced to these components. Reason I asked if anything was done is it is easy to cross the rear cylinder plug (harness plugs, not the spark plugs).

If they did NOT replace the coils and just moved them between the cylinders to determine if the P0305 code would go away and switch to a P0303 (which would pinpoint that coil), it's very possible the ignition coil is still bad (the one that was originally in cylinder 5) but is now throwing a generic P0300 code. This happened to me at one time. I swapped all six coils out with fresh plugs and NPF since. Good maintenance item anyways. Good luck

On that note, I know that a set of OE coils isn't cheap but.... I found a brand new, full set of OE ignition coils on eBay for <$100. Maybe I just got lucky but a full set of six for less than one new one? Look for the deal!

yes he swtich 3 and 5, and the only work lately with the engine its that one when i took the car to the nissan dealership,
im gona check the coils and the spark plugs. i appreciate your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts