Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I’m only 17 nearly finshed year 12, and was looking a buy a car I went to buy a 2011 VE series 2 wagon that was bagged and modified to the brim, but it had 300,000kms. I almost brought it because my partner was obsessed but I just thought it was a car. Then i had the cash to buy it and my Pop offered me to buy his 2003 350z z33 convertible for cheap as I’m his granddaughter so he did me a deal, I thought it was a small car to drive around i know far from a goon I just drive where I am needed to be, my Nan is sick and has diabetes so I wanted to help nan and pop out. I purchased the car and the night before my friend (she’s on her red p plates) and I went to drive it down I found it wasn’t p plate legal in Victoria, this literally gutted me as I worked so hard to get this car. Anyways my nan and I drove it home as I’m on my learners with over 120hours. Car runs beautifully.

I get my licence in December, and i know you dont need an exemption if it is for work, I have done a lot of research reading heaps of articles and i know everyones opinion is sell it and buy a new one. If only it was that easy, it was my pops car and it’s something quite close to me because of Nan, and working my bum off to buy it is even more of a reason I want to get an exemption. I have reason for the exemption such as:

employment: I need to travel to work as public transport is hard to get around here I am a manager at McDonald’s and have worked for them for over 2 years, no plans to leave. If I was to walk to work which would take 45mins I can’t as I struggle with bad asthma which I can show evidence.

educational: I am studying at a college after I finish year 12 which is an hour 10 away from where I live. I’ll be living on campus but I need it for work placement and going into town to get food supplies etc. if I’m 1 hour 10 away from where I live means I also need it again to travel to work.

family: like I said my nan is a diabetic and pop is getting old I would travel to see her often to take her to get her medication and take her where she needs to go, can get a certificate stating she has Health problems

without an exemption I understand roughly if I have a fully licence driver i dont need and exemption? If I hold a ABN? A letter from work which I can easier hold.

I will also be getting a 2nd job in the next month or so.

thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
That's one helluva long first post. It would help if you used punctuation and gave us an idea of where you live. I'm guessing this post is to introduce yourself, but there's little about the car itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one helluva long first post. It would help if you used punctuation and gave us an idea of where you live. I'm guessing this post is to introduce yourself, but there's little about the car itself.
Sorry for the punctuation. The car is a V6 350z z33 2003 convertible has around 206kw and I live in Victoria around Geelong region.

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Thanks and you're lucky you were able to buy that Z33 ZR. What color is it and does it have a 6-speed or auto?

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
While I don't know all the non-USDM colors, it's likely Daytona Blue (which is a beautiful color). Does it have a grey or black interior? You're a lucky man!

·
Registered
56 Posts
While I don't know all the non-USDM colors, it's likely Daytona Blue (which is a beautiful color). Does it have a grey or black interior? You're a lucky man!
Except that Capo350Z is a woman. Laff..... c'mon David. Haha!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks and you're lucky you were able to buy that Z33 ZR. What color is it and does it have a 6-speed or auto?
It’s a auto and sports shift it’s blue
black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts