Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys the bodyshop got overspray all over my car and I need to make sure they get it off the right way. so how should they go about this? man they were buffing my car today before I picked it and and now there buff marks in the paint so when they said "I can just buff that overspray off" makes me worry

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Claybar works wonders for this. I know several people who have used claybar for that exact purpose.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079@Oct 22 2004, 08:22 PM
Claybar works wonders for this. I know several people who have used claybar for that exact purpose.

This is the very reason I'm afraid to use a claybar on my paint (which has no overspray), lol.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I used zaino claybar on mine and after my paint was so unbelievably smooth. It takes most all debri out of your paint.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I didn't notice the overspray on mine until about a month after I had it painted (took me awhile ot get around to washing.. I know..). I jsut took it back and had them get rid of the overspray

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I did some reading last night and think clay bar is my best bet. I am going to tell the bodyshop not to remover the overspray because I know they will use a buffer and I just finnished putting NXT on my hood from them buffting the car yesterday., left VERY bad marks.

Ok check this out first off thanks guys I posted this on a few other boards and this was the only board I got a answer. but check this out yesterday I show up to pick up the car and they are putting the compound or some kind of waz on the car and rubbing it in by hand then useing the buffer. Heres the kick. THE CAR HAD DIRT ON IT!! I said what in the blue **** are you doing buffing over dirt this dick head to me with stuff its better to use on a dirty car then a clean one.

I told him to step away from my car asap and I would clean it when I got home thats when I fouind the overspray plus a ton of other half ass jobs they didnt do right so I had that bodyshop guy at my house at 10pm fixing things. I drop it off monday to get the bodykit painted again.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
OMG man I cant believe some people are that ignorant. "Its better when used on a dirty car?!" Thats some messed up stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Clay bar absolutely removes over spray...people who work in body shops CAN be dolts...sorry you found a shop full of them...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time for a new body shop my friend. Really bad experience

1 - 12 of 12 Posts