Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of OZ Superleggeras. Tire Rack had then on sale for $230/each. I know your sitting there thinking BFD, but I had to tell someone, because when I broke the news to my wife she just looked at me as if I told her snow is cold.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:yourock: Sweet! What kind of tires did you get? What size wheels? I hope you went with the staggered setup.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheels are 18x8 F and R in bright silver. I intend to do 245/40-18 in front and 245/45-18 at the rear. I am debating between the Michelin Pilot Sports (not sure I want the French to get any of my money) and the BFG g-Force TA.

The next items on the agenda will be cats and intake, probably the Kinetix stuff.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am debating between the Michelin Pilot Sports (not sure I want the French to get any of my money) and the BFG g-Force TA.
Uh....you do know that BFGoodrich is a Michelin company......don't you? :banghead:

Very cool wheels anyway, and the PS2 tires are awesome. :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lol: The only thing the French don't own or have a stake in are Chinese products...

I'd go with the BFG's. They're a nice, sticky tire.

I was actually looking at the gold OZ wheels in staggered setup. Only problem is I want it to be wider than 8's in the front.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
and also humerous the Renault has quite a bit of "stock" in Nissan. (that would be NISSAN or Nissan, smooldy? :biggrin:)

IMO, the BFG KD(W) is a great tire. Cheaper than the Michelin too. And may not be really "worse". I've obviously tracked the BFG a lot, and they are doing great. Wearing fine.

What did the offset end up being on the 18x8"? I'm wondering how that will look on the rear... :dunno: At least you can rotate tires the way you are going.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
and also humerous the Renault has quite a bit of "stock" in Nissan. (that would be NISSAN or Nissan, smooldy? :biggrin:)
:dunno: I thought it was Nissan... :wink:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uh....you do know that BFGoodrich is a Michelin company......don't you? :banghead:

Iknow that now, and to quote Cartman, "God Dammit"

P.S. thanks for all the input guys.. and gals.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Congrats, man. Excellent choice. :yourock:

Off-topic: anyone else not getting any email replies to threads?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I'll be looking for you on the streets of Burlington County!!!

Nice Choice! You will have a unique look so sould be easy to spot.

The Tire Plus next to the falls on Rt. 30 is a tire rack recommend place for balance and tire mounting, I have used them and they do a nice job

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:rolf2: You could always go with Yokohama or Pirelli. But I guess that's too late. Be sure to post pics when you can.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Received my wheels today. The advertising photos do not do them any justice. A good looking wheel. They weigh in at 19.5 lbs each. I will wait untill spring to put them on th car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts