Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Opinonated wheel question

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  smoothz 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase new wheels/tires for my SS. Im on a tight budget, so the 2000ish range tires and wheels is about what I can do. Im on stock 17's at the moment with those damned Potenza's, and Im currently looking at
Enkei ZR2 or something comparable. Any ideas, suggestions, or pics of your SS with wheels. :yourock:

#2 ·
On a budget, stay under 19's. You'll be spending so much on the whole package if you went any bigger than 18's.

The Enkei's are nice. Can't go wrong with that wheel brand. Then again, you picked a wheel that has a positive offset and no lip. Is that what you really want?

#3 ·
Nice looking wheels.

If you are planning on selling your stock 17s, then that might help you out a bit with the funding.

#4 ·
I'd actually prefer a slight offset, but I haven't found anything comparable to the Enkei's in the price range. I was quoted at 2100 with tires mounted, and warranty. 2200 if I stagger the tire widths.

#6 ·
I'd actually prefer a slight offset, but I haven't found anything comparable to the Enkei's in the price range. I was quoted at 2100 with tires mounted, and warranty. 2200 if I stagger the tire widths.

What do you mean a slight offset?

An offset of 35 or more is going to look very strange.

Take your time and do some research to see what wheels look like on the Z.

You should be able to find something nice for $2000.

#7 ·
you can probably get axis milanos and tires for around that.. at least i think..

speaking of the stock tires.. they are horrible.. think i was drifting at 110 on the highway tonight around a turn... smelt some rubber when i slowed down

You aren't wearing your GT7s?

You would def. know if you were drifting! LOL :) If you countersteering to correct some rear end movement or yaw.. than you were doing a little drift. :wink:

#9 ·
You aren't wearing your GT7s?

You would def. know if you were drifting! LOL :) If you countersteering to correct some rear end movement or yaw.. than you were doing a little drift. :wink:

They dont have rubber yet.. But I definitely pushed the stock tires to their limit. Was playing with a heavily modded s2000 for about 5 miles throught our twisties and hills in downtown. Redline all the way :)

#12 ·
I'd wait a little and save up for what you'd really like.

You have to look at the rims/tires everyday. Have patience, my son. Good things come to those who wait. :cheers:

#13 ·
you can dispose them within a year!!!
not good

i would get HP with a deep dish
with tires will run you around 2400

i would pay 400 more and get something nice.
I think you're referring to the Hiros which having cracking issues. The Reverbs are still doing well. The HP's are nice, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.