Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I just wanted your opinions on what kind of tint I should get on my PPW 350Z. What color should I get and how dark? Thanks!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have a PPW and i am getting Limo tint... but since you live in cali, you might catch alot of crap from the law with that dark of tint... i had it on my brickyard and loved it..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You should've titled the thread for PPW's! J/K! I don't have any tint on mine, but I'm still enamored just looking into the Z and seeing that cockpit. I think most people are going with 35-50%. I have been toying with the idea of going 35% for the back 3 and 50 for the doors. I might even get that 6" strip for the windshield (like I had on my Z32). I wonder why Nissan doesn't do the factory faded tint?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 10 2004, 03:14 PM
You should've titled the thread for PPW's!  J/K!  I don't have any tint on mine, but I'm still enamored just looking into the Z and seeing that cockpit.  I think most people are going with 35-50%.  I have been toying with the idea of going 35% for the back 3 and 50 for the doors.  I might even get that 6" strip for the windshield (like I had on my Z32).  I wonder why Nissan doesn't do the factory faded tint?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Not the eyebrow!! Haha

Currently my Z is tintless. Now that she's not my daily driver, I'm thinking about going limo all the way around (windshield excluded)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys. I was thinking about going with 35% because I know I would get pulled over if I had it limo black.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have 15% and love it. Not enough to where you can see in completely at all times, but plenty dark enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey hyper, post some pics of that madeco titanium when you get it. i never heard of it before and i'm curious about how it looks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thats what I get for not writing things down. I just realized I misspelled the name and the specs, it's Madico.
You can find info here http://www.madico.com/Automotive.htm
If you look at the chart here http://www.madico.com/AutoSpecs.htm the Onyx ON-20 and ON-55 is what I am looking at. I may get it done as soon as Monday. I'll let you know and post pics too.

Chris

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by 530_350@Sep 19 2004, 08:57 PM
im goin 20 all around

20 is a good number to go with but you may even want to go 15. I am really glad that I went that extra 5% down on mine. Just depends on how dark you like it

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have 35% on my door windows, mini windows, and hatch. Going to put 50% on my front windshield soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts