Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpsmilie:

I would like to know what you guys and gals think about an 03' Track model with 4500 miles for 27K. I am in the hunt for a good Z and joining the Z family of proud owners. Your opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hmm actaully thats not a bad price IMO. i mean you are getting the brembo's, track rims, VDC, etc i say go for it

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
[/quote]

I agree. Good price either way, though. I have an '03 Track and am happy I decided not to go with any other trim.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I say offer them 25k. I bought an 03 Touring a couple of months ago with 2600 miles for just over that. I would also make them give the name of the owner or owners. If it is more than one I would be leery. Check the car over, look for any overspray or mud caked on the undercarriage or other places it should not be for signs of wrecks or damage. Do the panels align? You just need to be sure of what you are buying. Don't get excited either when in the presence of a salesperson. You may be giddy on the inside, thats fine, but on the outside you are inpenatrable wall. :banghead:

Good luck! I hope it works out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is a great deal. Make sure to do some research on the vehicle. If its a private seller ask them why they are selling it, chances are it's plagued by the 03 issues even with 4,500k. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:yourock:

Thank you to all that replied. I will be looking at the car this week more than likely on Wednesday. It is from a private seller and from our conversation on the phone, he was one of the first buyers he pre ordered the car. He has maintained it since oil change every 1000 miles and it only has 4500, he has garaged it all the time as he put it is his baby, but he now realises that at his age he does not need a sports car. Therefore leading me to believe that he could be an older man, no offense to anyone. I will keep you posted. The only thing that concerns me is the tire feathering issue and the recall for the one of the sensors, I believe something to do with the ignition coil, I think.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's a fair price for a Track. Feathering shouldn't be evident with only 4500 miles and the sensor thing isn't a big deal. If you do get the car, check out the TSB's listed here and see if any of them show up on your car.

Then take it to a dealer and have them address the TSB's and recall (if applicable) all at once. It's all covered under the warranty.

P.S. Don't let the lengthy TSB list scare you away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:irock: :goodtimes: :shiftdrive:
I am happy to inform you that hopefully by this weekend I will join the rank of Z owners. The Z will be an 03' Black on Gray Track model. As soon as I have pics I will post them. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dont know if you got the car yet but i got an 04 track for 27,700 with 1200 miles and the nav as well. i live in NC. hope you got it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts