Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
Took the long way to the Doc's office today. Just as I started up the hill, a Boxter came up behind me, very close behind me! So, I took off. He kept up at first, however he had problems with all the turns. Had to slow down a bit to keep it interesting (kind of like kitty playing with a mouse), at first. At about 3 miles, I had almost a 5 second lead on him.
Just for fun, I pulled over and waited for him to pass. Then I chased him the last 3 miles. Caught up to him quickly, and kept a 1.5 second distance beind him all the way up. He wasn't very happy. Flipped me the finger when I passed him in traffic as he waited in the left turn lane. No Class!
Guess if I encounter him again, I'll just have to chew him up.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lol: Some guys just don't know how to have fun. I guess he could feel the pinch in his wallet thinking about the 'cheaper' car owning him.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
hah nice kill.. those guys never wanna race me for some reason. I can't pick a race no matter how hard I try or obvious I make it!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Sep 16 2005, 02:01 AM
hah nice kill..  those guys never wanna race me for some reason.  I can't pick a race no matter how hard I try or obvious I make it!
[snapback]155479[/snapback]​

I feel the same way, except for the rare chance like I had the other night. Raced 2 boosted Civics, neither of which could get ahead of me but I also couldn't shake that easily.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aloha,
Performance-wise, the Boxter is very similar to the Z, except for the price tag! I guess he didn't like being beaten by a car half the price of his. It really came down to the driver. I've raced SCCA Solo I & II years ago. He probably never had experience and thought the price tag an the car included instant road racing abilities.
He should have been able to at least keep up, if not beat me, if he was an experienced racer. I'm finding that too many are concerned with straight line performance, stoplight to stoplight. I love the thrill of taking a hairpin turn at speed, the acceleration out of a turn. The rush of high speed driving on a winding mountain road with a drop-off on one side, even better at night!
BTW, if I encounter traffic, I do slow down. Only pass where it's safe and legal.

The Best Way to Get from Point A to Point B is Not a Straight Line.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Kraut?...sounds more like sour grapes.

All boxTurds deserve to die.

Next time, give no quarter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did a track school last month, what a blast. There were a couple S2000's, a vw r32, an sti, and a sweet '02 carrera 4 conv. We all had about the same amount of experience(although I think pretty highly of my driving skill, he he). On our four 10 min. lapping sessions I smoked the porsche all four times(passed him all four times). It wasn't even funny how bad I killed this guy, it was like he wasn't even trying. He told how he paid $45 for a three year old porsche. Very glad I bought the G. By the way, passed the S2000 every lapping session, lapped the sti on the first session and he left early, and the r32 was in the other group(he looked pretty fast though).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice kill, you know those base boxters are known to be really fast, oh, wait, no, they never have said that, not even Porsche. Who gives a crap that you beat it, you, STFU. Race a Boxster S at least. I would gladly pay what I payed for my Z for a 3 year old boxster s with 50K on it, they are such better cars, look better, ride nicer, oh, and they are porsche.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Nice kill, you know those base boxters are known to be really fast, oh, wait, no, they never have said that, not even Porsche. Who gives a crap that you beat it, you, STFU. Race a Boxster S at least. I would gladly pay what I payed for my Z for a 3 year old boxster s with 50K on it, they are such better cars, look better, ride nicer, oh, and they are porsche.
nice post. i'm counting the days till your banned. haha.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
bluedragon - is she wearing shorts or a skirt? (Lie if you have to!) :irock:

Nice driving, Paulo. I think in many cases, it's ther driver much more than the car.

I had a 2003 Mach1 Mustang 2 years ago. I stoplight raced 3 Vettes and beat 2 because they couldn't drive. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts