Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first track day to test my mods, ran a 13.1 before blowing my plenum near the finish line. Didn't have my drag tires on yet either ran on 50lb 19" chrome wheels. Will be back on Aug 14th hoping for 12.7 or better running on 17" 275 Nitto 555R drag radials.

My performance mods:
Injen CAI, UR crank pulley, Helix T pipes, Fujitsubo Y pipe, Tanabe SRM exhaust, NGK Iridiums, NOS fogger 100shot w/ NX RPM switch.

You guys/gals running 12's - what mods do you have?

Thanks!
G

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** I cant wait for it to get cooler here so I can get a good run at the track. Havent been in a few months. Should have my nitrous on in the next couple months too. Cant wait.

Also what kind of plenum did you blow? Stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I want to start off small with a 75 shot and work my way up. Hope the kinetix likes it hehe. If not, hey they are pretty good about replacing them.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
It WAS a Kinetix plenum he blew...I saw the pics after it was taken off. I think he's got the OEM polished and ported now.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Sep 1 2004, 09:40 PM
Kinetix blows , dont know why people buy that crap period.. I wouldnt want it for free... I wouldnt want it of they paid me money to install it on my car..

I actually love mine. The V4's have been out for a few months now and no signs of cracking yet.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Sep 2 2004, 06:18 AM
after they used their customers as guinea pigs - they got it right huh ?
sorry but im disgusted by that technique..
is this your first one ?

Yes this is my first. The biggest problem why they were cracking was that there were 2 bolts down the center of the plenum on the previous ones. When the plenum flexed it would basicallly flex around the bolts whch were a weak spot. So far so good with the current ones.
And yes I dont agree with how they just threw out the first few without even really testing them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts