Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
OMG that is the worst news... :scared: I am glad that you are alright!!! I just don't know what to say
Is it totalled for sure? **** man, now I am going to be sooooooo bummed for you all day... Awwwwwwww, your brickyard baby. I know everyone says "at least you are alive" and I know from personal experience, I didn't really care if I was walking or not, I just wanted my baby not to be wrecked. $18K in damages and they didn't total her....
Chin up man, hang in there *hugs*....Will you consider getting another Z?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I still can't believe that car is dead. I had to wipe the drool off my chin every time I walked past that beauty. The garage just won't be the same...

** moment of silence **

Don't sweat it too much, dude. Remember cars are easier to replace than drivers.

Glad you're ok

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
take a look at the pics and tell me what you think.. im pretty sure its gone.. the engine was shoved into the firewall.. interior pieces rripped apart for reasons i dont know.

the pictures speak for themselves

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the support everyone.. short summary of what happend:

i had to get over two lanes so i decided to speed up to get around this car.. apparently he didnt want me to get over and he sped up clipping my rear end.. it was just enough to break the rear tires loose and aim me straight into the concrete barrier.

after hitting that i bounced back into the middle, got hit by someone else and got thrown into the OPPOSITE concrete wall.

finally i stopped in the middle lane and was quick to get out and check things over

i had absolutely no feeling.. i was in total shock and cant believe it..

i was actually more shocked that i was still alive.

God had a hand on me today.. i have no doubts about that.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
toykilla -

You can (and will) replace the car. The most important thing is that you were not seriously hurt. I believe the car is totalled, looking at the pics. You do not want that car back after repairs. You want a new one.

I didn't read every single post that carefully. Did you get the other guy's insurance info? Be very careful what you say to the insurance comany investigator.

This just happened this morning, so probably the ins. co. has not looked at the car yet. Whatever you do, don't take it to the insurance company's body shop. Take it to a Nissan dealer and get a high estimate to be sure the car is totalled. Show the car to the Nissan used car sales manager, and ask him if he would sell that car on his lot after it is repaired. Hopefully, he says NO WAY. Then tell the ins. co. that.

I am convinced that 350Zs are a magnet for trouble. I have had 3 accidents in mine in one year, all 100% the other guy's fault. No frame damage, so my car is still like new. Counting the ones it orignially came with, I am on my 4th right front fender and front bumper.

Hang in there, dude. You will get a new Z. So it won't be Brickyard. There are lots of other good colors (my favorites are Daytona Blue, Silverstone, and Pikes Peak White).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Pull off any mods you Can, Ins will not Pay for them unless you have the Insuerd for extra like I do. Dont worry about the weels I know a place that you can get them Fixed, Or if you need to seel them I can help. If you need Anything just ask.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
toykilla -

I just re-read the first post on this thread. NEVER admit fault. The way you described the accident, maybe it is the other guy's fault for being a jerk and not letting you move in front of him.

We are just friends here. I advise you to edit the first post and get rid of that statement. I hope you did not say that to the insurance co.

Anyway, I hope you are really OK. It looks like all you got is a scratch. Hang in there dude. In a few weeks you should have a new car and this will all be an ugly memory.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry man.
Like Richard said folks, NEVER admit any guilt or liability EVER when you get in an accident. If you are to blame, they will blame you. Don't help them out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow toykilla, I am glad you are all right.

I hope everything is for the best! It brings a tear to my eye to see such a beautiful machine in that state

1 - 20 of 26 Posts