Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking at buying one of the strut bar boxes for my Z. I have had plenty of high end audio in all my cars, but this time I am considering a brand I have yet to use. The Image Dynamics IDQ 10". I have been reading some reviews where people claim it doesn't have the SPL of other subs, but that it makes up for it in sound quality (which is right on par with ID). Now, having used 2 JL audio 12W6v2 in my last ride (JL has gone downhill in sound quality by the way), do you guys think I would need 2 Image Dynamics 10s? I really don't want my car to rattle like crazy 2 years down the road. What do you guys think about 1 sub or 2 subs?? :banghead:

Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Agreed... I think 2 is overkill for the Z
Overkill is good. I loved my JL Stealthbox. It felt like I was getting a 2x4 beaten across my back. That's a great feeling.

I'm sure, for serious depth of sound and audio quality, one 10" Image Dynamics would get the job done.

G

·
Yeah same here I have the JL stealth box powered by a JL 1000w amp and love it it sounds really good. I guess you just have to decide what your goals are as far as sound goes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the IDQ's from Image Dynamics....Gotta buy two to use the recommended airspace. Or go down to the ID's instead. The Zenclosure box is appox. .75 cf.

2-8" IDQs

or

1-10" ID?????????????

What you guys think?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the single 10 strutbox on ebay poped one 10w6v2 jl audio sub and called it a day its plenty.
Thanks for the input!!!!!!!
Had (2) JL Audio 12w6v2 in my last car....JL just doesn't hit as clean as they use to. Looking for a different sounding sub. Sold one W6v2 to my buddy and he's already looking for a different sub as well. Great SPL, but SQ has gone down from the original W6.

2-8" or 1-10" Guys?????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one 10W7 powered by JL 500/1 and it pounds to me and everyone who gets in the car. I can't imagine anymore.

The W7 is an SPL competition speaker.....the thing is a beast....looking for something with a tighter, more acurate sound instead of something that knocks the pictures off the wall. Thanks for the input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts